PD trans kit?

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I tend to agree with you at this point, especially since the clutch packs straight from the manufacturer when they were available were ~$700-800 on Ebay. For $700 I'd "gamble" for sure and maybe I should've but I've always been uncertain of PD vs 6hp28, but for 40% + markup... nah.

I do have a lot invested in my car at this point though including some parts combinations that I havent seen anyone else go with in order to dial it in exactly how I want, it's got some things deleted etc. So a trans swap is definitely going to be the better bet for me at this point.

Yeah I don't mean to be a debbie downer and I wish there was a tried and true solution that we all know could hold XXXXtq and have no driveability issues but that does not seem like the case.

Are you going to wait for it to start to slip or swap ahead of time?

Are you leaning towards MT or DCT?

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Yeah I don't mean to be a debbie downer and I wish there was a tried and true solution that we all know could hold XXXXtq and have no driveability issues but that does not seem like the case.

Are you going to wait for it to start to slip or swap ahead of time?

Are you leaning towards MT or DCT?
I'd like to do it ahead of time, but realistically between everything else I want done still and vacations I'll probably have a slipping trans before swapping.

If I stick with an N54 solution it'd be a DCT swap, but I'm just as if not more likely going to swap to a different auto when the time comes. Not too sure how familiar everyone here is with the LS world, but if you know the shop Nickey Chicago/Nickey Performance, one of their fabricators also works for the shop I use and the idea of 6hp28 swapping my car has already been greenlit by my shop and him, which seems like it would be plenty for TQ holding potential while staying BMW. That said I'm slowly but steadily converting the car to a 1/4 mile toy and would love a trans brake, so 4l80 or TH400 is also a possibility but I think the 28 would be cooler to break records with.

Reactions: Rob09msport

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I can't say enough good things about pd kit I thought that It sacrificed daily driving but my new solenoids had a dud i ate it and ordered all new again and car feels amazing shifts like my zf8 with 6k miles on it but s and m feel better. The 8 shifts sounds better though cant lie

Reactions: matreyia

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I can't say enough good things about pd kit I thought that It sacrificed daily driving but my new solenoids had a dud i ate it and ordered all new again and car feels amazing shifts like my zf8 with 6k miles on it but s and m feel better. The 8 shifts sounds better though cant lie

Yeah. After finally finding correct settings no thanks to the xhp team...my PD is a monster.

Reactions: Jeffman