PCV valve replacement and catch can solution

Jsherry20

Sergeant
Dec 21, 2016
I've been wanting to install a catch can on my N54 for a few months now and I was really fond of Omar's catch can and PCV valve replacement, but he never went through with it. Are there any other shops out there building or planning on building a PCV replacement and offering a catch can setup?

V/R

Jarrett

Jsherry20

Sergeant
Dec 21, 2016
I'm also running inlets, I just want to buy something that takes care of the issue before I walnut blast my head.

Jsherry20

Sergeant
Dec 21, 2016
I'm not sure us twin turbo guys can use this?
"Note: for single turbo or twins with no rear inlet tube. Fits with and without PI sandwich plate"

What does Andy mean by no rear inlet tube??

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
I'm not sure us twin turbo guys can use this?
"Note: for single turbo or twins with no rear inlet tube. Fits with and without PI sandwich plate"

What does Andy mean by no rear inlet tube??
If you have stock style inlets this kit wont work for you

Jsherry20

Sergeant
Dec 21, 2016
additionally I'm curious if oil blow by affects the VANOS at all, wish there was a B all end all kit that would work for TT guys that I could just buy.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
additionally I'm curious if oil blow by affects the VANOS at all, wish there was a B all end all kit that would work for TT guys that I could just buy.

No blow by does not affect vanos operations at all.. Vanos is dependent on oil pressure and condition.. The little green o ring on your oil filter cap.. Replace it with one filter every time..
You know when a woman comes up to you and says "my cars running rough I think I need an oil change" then you smack your forehead

When with any of the n5X engines it could very well be a quick fix.. Fixed lots of extreme oil filter neglect rough runners with an oil service

Jsherry20

Sergeant
Dec 21, 2016
No blow by does not affect vanos operations at all.. Vanos is dependent on oil pressure and condition.. The little green o ring on your oil filter cap.. Replace it with one filter every time..
You know when a woman comes up to you and says "my cars running rough I think I need an oil change" then you smack your forehead

When with any of the n5X engines it could very well be a quick fix.. Fixed lots of extreme oil filter neglect rough runners with an oil service
Yeah you have a good point there, i understand. thanks!

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Wasn't he going to do a full on vacuum pump race style system? Pretty sure that would cost a lot more than the rb pcv kit which I have and need to install. Just working up the patience to tap the head ports and redo the valve cover.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Wasn't he going to do a full on vacuum pump race style system? Pretty sure that would cost a lot more than the rb pcv kit which I have and need to install. Just working up the patience to tap the head ports and redo the valve cover.

Those are both fairly simple jobs.. Don't be discouraged by them! You will be just fine I promise you will wish you did it sooner after your done