Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
ok so as stated , my paddles shifters are not working...

here is the story on them and I dont think its a physical issue.

got the car, paddles worked, sport mode worked totally fine. i forgot what i need i think i changed steering wheels or just the buttons on the wheel and then sport mode stopped working and paddles no longer worked, when i press a paddle it will go to 4th gear and that its. no other gear would show. also slapping my shifter hard and quick into sport mode would show S on dash but go away after a split second.

SOOO

i alpina flashed my car, cool, sport mode worked after that BUT no feedback from paddles at all... so we coded the paddles (aka step 2 in alpina flash coding) to work cause late model 135 cars require this and it did the same thing as before, where sport mode didnt work and only 4th gear would come up when pressing or pulling the paddles.

now i have it setup where sport mode works but not the paddles, via stage 3 xhp....yes i tried swapping back to original steering wheel buttons but no bueno.

anyone have any insight on this ?

UPDATE: COMMENT #19

Last edited:

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Check if you have any szl faults. The mfl is Lin bussed to the szl so it will store faults there.
That would be a good place to start for now.
Mfl's are not uncommon but clock springs breaking when rack is disconnected is more common

Don't recall reading this happened after subframe was out or something like that though :) hope that helps a little.

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
Check if you have any szl faults. The mfl is Lin bussed to the szl so it will store faults there.
That would be a good place to start for now.
Mfl's are not uncommon but clock springs breaking when rack is disconnected is more common

Don't recall reading this happened after subframe was out or something like that though :) hope that helps a little.
i have szl fault

achxe

Dec 7, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Ride
2009 335i & 1999 M3
@achxe has been helping me with troubleshooting this paddle issue, he walked me through ISTA and found that the steering angle sensor was throwing a communication fault. so its safe to say that its my clock spring assembly. going to try a new one and update the thread. thanks again @achxe i appreciate it

let me know if the new SZL fixes it. it should with all the other relating faults.