Oil leak from my HPFP?

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
My leak is very minor. I drive the car very little these days - it’s a once a weekly driver, and it drives fine. I haven’t dug into the engine at all in six months. If I decide to walnut blast then I’ll probably get a better look as to what’s going on.
I ended up pulling off the vac plate, could not find the leak. Just going to install all the new parts and hope it fixes it. Or i guess ill figure it out once the car runs again.

Reactions: wheela

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
1643307285634.png

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Little update for you guys on the helix car I got in the shop. Broke the vaccum pump cracked the whole thing in half. Luckily the customer was not going high speeds. @martymil speculation was right the overdrive can and will crack your vaccum pump

PFS

Corporal
Nov 19, 2018
Ride
335i
POD isn't lubed with engine oil. Check HPFP, which may be unhappy about being oversped but we rarely see that, if a HPFP is going out usually you just see a lack of flow. Could also be the gasket to the vac pump. I don't remember screen names and order names, but if it's one of ours and concerned, you can certainly send it back and I can open/inspect/rebuild/replace if necessary. Just shoot us an email with pertinent info.

Chris

Reactions: NoGuru

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
POD isn't lubed with engine oil. Check HPFP, which may be unhappy about being oversped but we rarely see that, if a HPFP is going out usually you just see a lack of flow. Could also be the gasket to the vac pump. I don't remember screen names and order names, but if it's one of ours and concerned, you can certainly send it back and I can open/inspect/rebuild/replace if necessary. Just shoot us an email with pertinent info.

Chris
Hey Chris this was me. I had emailed you a while back. I didn't bring it up here as you had offered to look into it for me. I have it all packaged up. But before sending it out, i wanted to go over everything on my end. I did show a few users here pictures just to get a different opinion, and everyone seemed to think the the oil might be coming through the overdrive itself. The other issue is my cars not currently running which makes it hard to diagnose besides just throwing parts at it.

Reactions: PFS

PFS

Corporal
Nov 19, 2018
Ride
335i
Yeah, throwing parts tends to end in frustration and a thinner wallet. Shoot me a line when you send 'er out.

Reactions: SLOWESTN54

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
Bumping this thread but my car is leaking oil from the plate between the vacuum pump and the hpfp plate. I do have a Helix and their billet pump cover on.

BMW doesn't sell the o ring on its own but I was wondering if people knew the dimensions or could measure up the dimensions for me.

I see the "rebuild" kit on amazon going for $27 but that seems a little overkill for now

O-ring visual

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Bumping this thread but my car is leaking oil from the plate between the vacuum pump and the hpfp plate. I do have a Helix and their billet pump cover on.

BMW doesn't sell the o ring on its own but I was wondering if people knew the dimensions or could measure up the dimensions for me.

I see the "rebuild" kit on amazon going for $27 but that seems a little overkill for now

O-ring visual
I just bought that exact kit 😂. Came in quickly. Just waiting on the spool billet pump cover.