OCD Works Billet Valve Cover

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
Aside from taking measurements of the valve cover, are you going to cut it open as well to see if you can machine the 4 cyclonic separators, vapor channels, oil discharge valve and pressure restrictor? I would love to see a billet VC but i'm skeptical about being able to machine the complex internals.

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
This would be a great mod, but I think the majority of you aren't realistically considering how much this is going to cost.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Aside from taking measurements of the valve cover, are you going to cut it open as well to see if you can machine the 4 cyclonic separators, vapor channels, oil discharge valve and pressure restrictor? I would love to see a billet VC but i'm skeptical about being able to machine the complex internals.

This is a horrible idea. The stock PCV system does not work for higher HP, why would you want to clone it in billet and add probably $1,000 to the cost? The best part of this billet VC will be adding regular baffled -AN fittings to it and properly venting the crank case. 2x -12AN to a VTA catch can w/ 2 or 3 filters on it for sufficient flow and kiss crank case pressure good bye.

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
This is a horrible idea. The stock PCV system does not work for higher HP, why would you want to clone it in billet and add probably $1,000 to the cost? The best part of this billet VC will be adding regular baffled -AN fittings to it and properly venting the crank case. 2x -12AN to a VTA catch can w/ 2 or 3 filters on it for sufficient flow and kiss crank case pressure good bye.
First off Jake it's not my idea to clone the PCV system or anything else. All i'm saying is that i'm sure it's not as easy as putting some AN fittings on the VC or BMW would've done that to begin with. I'm hoping it's that easy but we shall see.

• Dislike
Reactions: Josh

Icewall

Lurker
Nov 3, 2016
NJ
First off Jake it's not my idea to clone the PCV system or anything else. All i'm saying is that i'm sure it's not as easy as putting some AN fittings on the VC or BMW would've done that to begin with. I'm hoping it's that easy but we shall see.

Oh come on, you cant be serious. that would never be street legal or allowed for a production car. look at any high horsepower turbo car and it has at least 2 -12an fittings to a vented catchcan.

Reactions: Josh and Tiago@VRSF

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly

It 100% works, and works very well. BMW didn't do it because of emissions regulations, and no OEM is going to have customers emptying a catch can every few thousand miles!

Oh come on, you cant be serious. that would never be street legal or allowed for a production car. look at any high horsepower turbo car and it has at least 2 -12an fittings to a vented catchcan.

This +100

Skeletors_e90

Lurker
Nov 8, 2016
Florida
This VC with 2 AN fittings to catch cans would be great! I would scoop this up in a heartbeat! Id be interested to see this being implemented in an ST build and record some temps around it like a before and after. Give folks an idea where more insulation may be needed to avoid damage or melting other various components.

*Clicking heels* Please offer it in a black finish, please offer it in a black finish, please offer it in a black finish