Obligatory new member post

Andrew6056

Jul 17, 2022
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
2008 335i
Hi all

After not being able to refuse a very cheap one owner 2007 E92 335i with a blown turbo here I am going down the N54 rabbit hole. I bought it sight unseen and planned on a quick fix & sell but after I got the car running I just could not bring myself to selling it.

Replacing the turbos turned into big job as I couldn't stop there. Inlets, charge pipe, catch cans, intercooler, exhaust, BOV's & GTR coils were on the first purchase list. I then realized that the idea of turning it up was going to take more time and $$$ with a growing maintenance list. I have just completed cleaning out the back of the valves, the injectors spent some time in the ultrasonic cleaner with a pulse unit attached to them, replaced the radiator and almost all of the cooling hoses and finally installed the coils packs along with one step colder plugs.

I have visited this forum a few times over the past 6 months since I picked up the car and finally joined as I'm trying to make sense of parameter tree in Tuner Pro. Just update the dwell settings they said, that was easy enough but wow, all this new stuff I need to learn about!

335i.jpg
DP_surprise.jpg

Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Welcome! What turbos did you go with?

Gtr coils are not a common mod. Pictures of them installed?

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Poor little turbine. Looks like the shaft broke, did it come out on its own when you removed the turbo?