PROMO Nexsys Motorsport N55 Ignition Coil Upgrade Kit

Jobe0074

Lurker
Dec 9, 2021
Melbourne
Ride
M135
Just pulled the trigger on this kit for the N55 - (order #317)seems to be the “better” option moving on from my PR set up (less DME loads etc)- & ease of the B58 coil removal for plug changes
nothing against PR - only had 1 coil fry in 18months of FBO / e50 custom tune
But removing the PR boots every <5k miles for plug changes is a PITA
I’ve split numerous PR boots on removal as the rubber is quite thin around the top (dialectric grease always added)
Hoping this B58 coil / nexys set up is the easy way forward

bahn

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Nov 5, 2016
Iowa
Hey everyone, I'm happy to announce our latest version of our N/S55 B58 Ignition Coil Conversion Kits are now live. This updated version adds support for early E-Series N55 engines. The same brackets are now able to support all N/S55 engines produced. When ordering a kit for E-Series N55 engines built before 01/10/2011 make sure to select the "Early N55" on our website so we can include the necessary bolts.
https://nexsysmotorsport.com/n-s55-ignition-coil-upgrade.../

eKlmZjY&tn=9GDjwDpSzD0zQC78&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=NnKLxrYUE1IAX8awihc&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.jpg

Thank you for your support everyone! @houtan @alarcon @BigAl22022

Reactions: JPuehl and wheela

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
@bahn , nice!

Can you please provide any feedback on the test cars and their observations?

1. What whp were the cars that tested the coil packs? Anything in the 600whp range or with a stage three turbo?

2. Any before and after logs?

3. Any cars have a DCT?

4. What spark plugs and gaps were they running before and after?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to understand if this is something that should be done now or when it falls into routine maintenance.

Reactions: wheela and JPuehl

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Bump on an update. Anyone install this on early e series car and have any feedback or pictures?