Need help! 2FBC code

Ztuck45

Private
May 16, 2017
Ride
2010 335i
Alright guys, I’ve got a problem that i am literally lost on. The car keep throwing a 2FBC (fuel pump control valve signal). The code will show up intermittently, sometimes i can clear it for a while and sometimes it pops up immediately after.

I’m running the vtto double shotgun kit (i don’t think this is related) and i also JUST replaced the hpfp with a brand new one and codes continued to pop up. This leads me to believe it’s an electrical problem.

This problem started after installing my Doc Race intake manifold. One thing that happened during the install that makes me suspicious was i accidentally touched the starter with a piece of metal that cause lots of sparks . Im wondering if that caused something to cause the code to show up, possibly??

Any input would be appreciated!

Jeffman

Captain
Jan 7, 2017
Sounds like something got fried. Have you tried diagnosing with Rheingold or ProTool? That would be my next step if this happened to me.

Ztuck45

Private
May 16, 2017
Ride
2010 335i
Sounds like something got fried. Have you tried diagnosing with Rheingold or ProTool? That would be my next step if this happened to me.

Do you think a bad dme could cause this? I don’t think it has anything to do with the shotgun kit since yesterday i drove around with the primary pump unplugged and only using the secondary and i got the code after 20 mins of driving.

I do have pro tool but I’m not sure what to look for when diagnosing it

Jeffman

Captain
Jan 7, 2017
Anything is possible when sparks fly. Run the Pro Tool diagnostics and see what it says.