N55 BSD faults and misfire

1slow_e92

Apr 16, 2018
Ride
2011 335i
Hey guys. I have a 2011 335i with a ton of electrical faults. So far every component tied into the Bsd line has been swapped from the oil sensor to ibs to the water pump and alternator. Even the battery has been swapped. Only thing left would be the DME but I don’t feel like throwing a dme at the car just to not have it work. Also ever since these faults have been present the car misfires specifically only on bank 2 cylinder 5 and occasionally 4. I have new coils and plugs on all cylinders nothing works
88941716-62FA-4C24-A71E-226DBA9D9FC7.jpeg

YouAreMyWorld

Lurker
Sep 3, 2017
Ride
E92 Mineral White 335i
I can almost guarantee it's the DME. Unplug the battery regulator cable that goes into the DME from the alternator. I had a very similar experience as you--replacing everything but the fucking DME. I wanted to throw my car off of a cliff with 100lbs of dynamite strapped onto it; the oil sensor, IBS, x2 batteries (just in case), the alternator, a new water pump, junction box, BSD cable, sighs* I legit wanted to scream.

I hope by unplugging the cable that it'll solve everything just as it did for me. Been running without it plugged in since January and not a single issue.

1slow_e92

Apr 16, 2018
Ride
2011 335i
I can almost guarantee it's the DME. Unplug the battery regulator cable that goes into the DME from the alternator. I had a very similar experience as you--replacing everything but the fucking DME. I wanted to throw my car off of a cliff with 100lbs of dynamite strapped onto it; the oil sensor, IBS, x2 batteries (just in case), the alternator, a new water pump, junction box, BSD cable, sighs* I legit wanted to scream.

I hope by unplugging the cable that it'll solve everything just as it did for me. Been running without it plugged in since January and not a single issue.

Can you take a pic of what you say to unplug? I’m literally parting out as we speak but this would be a game changer

YouAreMyWorld

Lurker
Sep 3, 2017
Ride
E92 Mineral White 335i
Can you take a pic of what you say to unplug? I’m literally parting out as we speak but this would be a game changer

I'm not able to take a picture at the moment, but it's the cable that goes from the DME to the alternator. Unplug it *at* the alternator, it's pretty much the only cable there.

Reactions: houtan