Corporal
Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Ride
135is
Hi

first my mods
E82 with

n54 forged internal closed deck 9.2:1 engine with 235cfm big valve head and schrick high lifts.
G25-550 twin turbo
vtto double barrel hfpf
2x 525 walbro
all support mods imagine to that so on my calc it`s on some level serious powerhouse
at6 with xhp stage3
xdrive
limited slip quaife rear diff
ijeos (with that 650lbft limit i assume)

i`m hitting some torque limiter at 4800rpm with 24psi and ignition pulls to zero upwards from that
load is in level 195, calc torque is on jb4 at around 60

Now i`m struggling with tunerpri limit tables, i`m not sure if i have all tables but pp3pp opinion is
that my xdf is as extended there is at the moment.

this is not to be ment as a stupidly high torque low rpm engine and my rev area is not stock or some hybrid
1800-5500 or 2000-6000.

at under 20psi everything seems to work but my goal is 24psi to some 5500-5800 and tapering upwards to 32 at 7600 because
this engine seems to bee more than rev happy with those mods.

on strip shift points is at 7800 rpm range and it pull strong to 8000 without any issues on lover boosts what my target is.

is there any logical way to get ijeos to accept 750 as limit ( calc torque to some 70) before ignition pulls and flat line.

i really need help to undestand those limit tables here.

br

Me

Last edited:

135boost

Corporal
Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Ride
135is
I have liked Tony ans his team VTTO for some years now and all parts they ever posted me has been as good as they get but now they pulled up a surprice i didnt even dream of.

I had to order crank hub to secure my engine and put my order in fewdays ago with information that i could have little panic to get it.

I don't know what kind of wizard post he uses but 36 hour later i got my crank hub to finland to some some 8000km distance trough all
Possible EU and finland customs... that was way over my wildest dream according shipment..

Thank you VTTO team..

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
Hi

first my mods
E82 with

n54 forged internal closed deck 9.2:1 engine with 235cfm big valve head and schrick high lifts.
G25-550 twin turbo
vtto double barrel hfpf
2x 525 walbro
all support mods imagine to that so on my calc it`s on some level serious powerhouse
at6 with xhp stage3
xdrive
limited slip quaife rear diff
ijeos (with that 650lbft limit i assume)

i`m hitting some torque limiter at 4800rpm with 24psi and ignition pulls to zero upwards from that
load is in level 195, calc torque is on jb4 at around 60

Now i`m struggling with tunerpri limit tables, i`m not sure if i have all tables but pp3pp opinion is
that my xdf is as extended there is at the moment.

this is not to be ment as a stupidly high torque low rpm engine and my rev area is not stock or some hybrid
1800-5500 or 2000-6000.

at under 20psi everything seems to work but my goal is 24psi to some 5500-5800 and tapering upwards to 32 at 7600 because
this engine seems to bee more than rev happy with those mods.

on strip shift points is at 7800 rpm range and it pull strong to 8000 without any issues on lover boosts what my target is.

is there any logical way to get ijeos to accept 750 as limit ( calc torque to some 70) before ignition pulls and flat line.

i really need help to undestand those limit tables here.

br

Me
self tune? if yes, m boost in mhd and rescaled tables? if no, tuner...

135boost

Corporal
Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Ride
135is
self tune? if yes, m boost in mhd and rescaled tables? if no, tuner...
Yes, self tune with some small degree of knowing what`s going on under the bonnet.
former tunes was from Trebila but my mods are now on a level that David told me i`ts
way over limit what can be done remotely and i fully agree with that.

I`m on my own tune number 235 at the moment in this engine with solved out allmost every one driveability
issue except that advance pull at 5000rpm range and i`m sure it come from transmission tcu
torque limit exceed calc torque 1000nm.

that vanos fine tweak was interesting thing to adjust, i did some +25 different vanos tables before i
think i got it close enough, and i surpriced how much even small changes to table was dramatically affect boost treshold.
with that tuning i realized that those just cant be copied from some motiv, cobb, or any else tables, they just don`t work.
best i arcieved vas with 6th gear (did some tuning to iginition and fuel too to get best possible solution)
5psi@2200
10psi@2800
15psi@3200
20psi@3600

and those are with size " quite much of a turbo to 3liter" , 2x g25-550 with .72ar .

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
No such thing as over the limit to be done remotely unless you're running a stand alone. Your setup is pretty common for built engines.

Your post needs some logs posted if you expect anyone to be able to help though.

• Informative
Reactions: SlowE93

135boost

Corporal
Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Ride
135is
Hi V8bait..

so no such thing exist as torque limit over 1023.9nm or 1000nm ?
is there any way to go around that ? or is the only way to move from msd to syvec and
build a 7 speed upgraded dct xdrive from this ?

i will post some logs when i got them from my android tablet

br
Jan

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Need to see the logs to have an idea what's going on. JB4 logs are pretty much useless for any advanced troubleshooting, your very limited on what parameters you can log and all the values are wonky.

1023.96nm is the limit of the scaling in certain parts of the torque management in the DME so that's where a lot of the limiters will sit when maxed out.

There's something wrong with your tune if you are reporting that much torque though. The load to torque reference table will only report 867nm at most and then you have to correct for lambda and ignition angle so likely end up much less than that unless you are at 14.7afr and 29 degress of timing.

Reactions: V8bait

135boost

Corporal
Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Ride
135is
hi.
This is that bin i have at the moment, there is few issues with it what i don`t figure out.
That torque limiting, hitting at prox 5000 rpm at some 200 load and as second lean running at 1400-2xxx rpm range.
on that point it start to adjust at least wgdc and ignition advance.
It`s ijeos and yes, i know few tables can be odd looking because i have tested to change everything
digging that torque and hesitating issue.
vanos tables are quite much tuned, same with hfpf fuel press and knock tables.

Knock tables are those most difficults because mechanical noise levels from my engines don`t match
stock engine rattle so there can be something going on to that ignition retard.

about hesitation issue then,

it seems to run normal with little rich at cruising speed until act torque reach 210-220nm, that rich running can be adjusted from fuel table
and it seems to react that fuel table adjustments but then slight acceleration from that forward with act torque reaching about
220nm-260nm it peak to 18-19 AFR and hesitate before i demand of even more torque and after 300 problem seems to be gone.

i just don`t understand logic to fuel tables, it should not go to other fuel modes (at least i believe it keep all time on homogenous)
but that jump to lean ??

i put few logs to next post

Jan

Attachments

• JB4_IJE0S_jan_v107_fuel_press_setpoints (2).bin
    2 MB · Views: 27
Reactions: Begood69

135boost

Corporal
Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Ride
135is
and here are below 5000rpm acceleration log with moderate boost, i didn`t see any real issues.

Attachments

• 2021-05-04 19_46_18 IJE0S JB4_IJE0S_jan_ver_84_driver torque fix3.bin.csv
    32.1 KB · Views: 10

135boost

Corporal
Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Ride
135is
sorry to find only jb4 log from real issue on "torque limit"

Attachments

• P32_M6_R4_210411_1558.csv
    612.1 KB · Views: 13

135boost

Corporal
Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Ride
135is
I just try to figure out correlations between tables and compared to some aftermarket DME , this MSD80 is not the easiest one to manage .
seems that there is correction tables to everything and multiply tables to every correction table and scalar to every multiply table
and what make everything even more confusing is that you can`t be sure if there is missing some hidden scalar table what is zeroing your
adjustments.. I know this is the hard way but it seems to be the only way to get it work properly as a dd street car

here in Finland when you listen to "tuners", every one seems to be on opinion that this is easy task like just putting a stage1 mhd tune in.
but when you discuss with them little time, you figure out that they are selling that easy "tuning" like "bring it here and we tune it for you"
and when continue conversation, they seems to have minor knowledge of tuning anything else than aftermarket dme`s what is quite straight
wysiwyg withhout these kind of hidden tables and wierd scalars etc.
P33p33 seems to be on some degree inside this, and he has been very helpful, thank you to him...

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I had a look at the bin and at the datazap link you posted and I don't know where to begin.

Every table I open has been messed with for no discernable reason. You are better looking for a tuner before you break something. You've spent a lot of money on all those mods and judging by that one datazap log and the bin you are just going to break something. If there was one single problem then I might be able to give a bit of guidance but everything is bad.