N54 Fuel Exhaust

e92_garrettz

Jan 15, 2023
Hi! I need some help when I start up the car it just sprays shit tons of fuel out from exhaust but it starts up. I think like one or 2 of cylinders isn’t firing.
I’ve already checked for injectors leak and there is none, plugs on cylinder 2 & 6 has some hefty fuel in it even though there is no leak wtf? No CEL or anything like that. Car doesn’t seems to be misfiring can’t really tell with quick start up anyway.

Codes: 29F3
Shadow codes: 2FCA & 2FDA

_nc_ohc=FhUUCbNlmjIAX9SPXnl&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
When my buddies injectors went he was pissing fuel out of his exhaust tips. My vote is at least 1 injector has 'let go' and it is more than just leaking a bit of extra fuel.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
What my associate above me has said.

Be careful, cylinder wash will ruin your engine.

Exactly, if you are pissing fuel from your exhaust stop driving ASAP.

I would argue you should replace all injectors with new index 12s from FCP. My assumption is these are old injectors.

After that is done and still not starting do an oil & filter change. Then another a few miles later. You do NOT WANT fuel oil contamination. Small money to negate a larger issue.

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Did you try seeing if afr's go fully lean within a couple seconds of letting off the gas while cruising? Injection should cut off and both banks should go max lean (240-ish or some crazy high number). Both banks should hit the same high number.

e92_garrettz

Jan 15, 2023
Did you try seeing if afr's go fully lean within a couple seconds of letting off the gas while cruising? Injection should cut off and both banks should go max lean (240-ish or some crazy high number). Both banks should hit the same high number.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do that but I was able to log the car for few seconds. It was too risky as fuel was spraying everywhere in my hood dump. I had to kill it before it got really bad.