Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
(Back Order until Mid January until batch of HPFP Fuel lines come in for the kit)

Twisted Tuning's N54 Direct port Nitrous Injection plate is an affordable and most durable Plate on the market for your N54 (N55 coming soon). Made from CNC 6061 T6 Aluminum stock machined to spec with tight tolerances.

Kit Includes:
-Direct Port Plate
-Lengthened mounting Studs and associated hardware
-Gaskets
-Tapped for 1/16th NPT Meth nozzles
-HPFP to Fuel Rail Hardline Replacement

***For other than 1/16th NPT port tapping please inquire ahead of time by emailing us at: [email protected] so that we can discuss and try to accommodate your needs***

Order Link:
http://www.twisted-visionz.com/_p/p...t/bmw-n54-direct-port-nitrous-injection-plate

Direct Port injection is the best way for secondary injection of any fuel. Whether you are using the injection for cooling or for supplemental fueling to the Factory DI system. Direct port injection alleviates the worry for fluid distribution issues well known to the N54.

**Nozzle mounting is located on the bottom side of the plate when mounted**
**Plate is 25mm in thickness with thick runner bridges which prevents any warping from heat cycling and to promote a constant sealing surface to reduce chances of leaks**

PhotoGrid_1480718094810_zpsjbn2rocu.png

IMAG3633_zps8x9ry6fm.jpg

IMG_20161224_134756_139_zpslnkx2feb.jpg

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1480718094810_zpsjbn2rocu.png
    PhotoGrid_1480718094810_zpsjbn2rocu.png
    899.7 KB · Views: 469
  • IMAG3633_zps8x9ry6fm.jpg
    IMAG3633_zps8x9ry6fm.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_20161224_134756_139_zpslnkx2feb.jpg
    IMG_20161224_134756_139_zpslnkx2feb.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 1,118
Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Is this over kill for someone looking for a small shot (35-50shot) just to spool the turbo?
I don't think you can do a 35, a 50 shot is probably the smallest you can go when doing direct port x6. I have very little knowledge of nitrous so I can't say myself but I think a 0.010 is the smallest most NOS style jets go.

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
I don't think you can do a 35, a 50 shot is probably the smallest you can go when doing direct port x6. I have very little knowledge of nitrous so I can't say myself but I think a 0.010 is the smallest most NOS style jets go.
Is pre or post intercooler better if not using direct port? I have a bunch of nitrous stuff laying around at the shop, just never sprayed a turbo car.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Is this over kill for someone looking for a small shot (35-50shot) just to spool the turbo?

For just that, it could be considered overkill. a single nozzle would do fine. But dispersion wont be as even as direct port.

This is badass!

thank you

you can jet down to a 35. i offer as small as 0.090" jets. on Direct port, you are correct, its a little harder to do smaller jetting. Me personally im started with a 75, then going up from there.

Is pre or post intercooler better if not using direct port? I have a bunch of nitrous stuff laying around at the shop, just never sprayed a turbo car.

post intercooler. you dont want to cause pooling

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
That's weird, or manufactured different. The other pic shows its straight like the plate shown. I was looking into his myself but waiting on how the this setup worked, it's the only one to exsist for nitrous.

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
One more thing, has this been here tested besides this? Wondering because nitrous is cold entering the intake stream, the aluminum plate is going to hold heat, that means the nozzles are going to be hot beacause they are also aluminum. There is a greater chance the mix will heat up when it enters the nozzles. Have you considered this may become an issue? I love the idea and not trying to criticize, but we know that the new aluminum manifolds are blowing oem gaskets because of heat.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Out of curiosity, why is port 1 (and 6?) at an angle?

That's weird, or manufactured different. The other pic shows its straight like the plate shown. I was looking into his myself but waiting on how the this setup worked, it's the only one to exsist for nitrous.

below cylinder 1, the block has a bridge in the casting the protrudes out from the side of the block to the base of the oil filter housing. This Casting bridge interfered with the Jet placement so plate was modified to inset jet at an angle to not interfere with the bridge. It was either modify the plate or notch out the bridge on the block.

One more thing, has this been here tested besides this? Wondering because nitrous is cold entering the intake stream, the aluminum plate is going to hold heat, that means the nozzles are going to be hot beacause they are also aluminum. There is a greater chance the mix will heat up when it enters the nozzles. Have you considered this may become an issue? I love the idea and not trying to criticize, but we know that the new aluminum manifolds are blowing oem gaskets because of heat.

Aluminum manifolds are an entire different issue when it comes to holding heat compared to a plate. Aluminum manifold is a far larger piece of material than the plate alone and this increases the amount of heat there. The plastic manifold reduces the amount of heat transferred and held into the plate itself. Nitrous will cool the jets and the mix far faster than it will heat up. This is also another benefit of nitrous. Fuel does not cool as fast as nitrous can, hence any heating issues seen with all aluminum manifolds if there even is any. as i have not followed the aluminum intake manifold issues too closely

Last edited:

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
It's just what I've read also on heat transfer from the block to the aluminum intakes,and that other gaskets are required for it's use, wondered if the plate was the same,but on a smaller scale.

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
I would imagine that all aluminum plates will hold heat seeing there bolted to the head,those nozzles will to. Whether it will will raise temp as the nos and fuel enters,hindering atomization. Waiting for results,as I want the same direct port but with the poly hoses.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
It's just what I've read also on heat transfer from the block to the aluminum intakes,and that other gaskets are required for it's use, wondered if the plate was the same,but on a smaller scale.

I would imagine that all aluminum plates will hold heat seeing there bolted to the head,those nozzles will to. Whether it will will raise temp as the nos and fuel enters,hindering atomization. Waiting for results,as I want the same direct port but with the poly hoses.

No worries, it was a valid concern and very good question. With the Nitrous, the heat wont really be an issues. The Nitrous will super cool jets as it passes through. Either way, my phenolic spacer i am making available will help with blocking much of that direct heat transfer from the cylinder head to any metal plate or intake manifold being run. Should be available for purchase shortly. :blush:

Also looking into better gaskets for those same people, and should have an update on that by the end of the week.

Reactions: JuniorB

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
Ah,so there may be another option? Love it, that was one concern, I know aluminium padres art nice and all and a good upgrade, but they do heat up. Heat equally lease power I would imagine,