My money pit N54

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I've heard nothing but amazing things about 8HP+Lamik. Do what Dan from Simply Tuning did, clutch by wire!
I would really love to but with how my work situation is right now I think I may sell the 335 as I’m rarely home. Plus it’s practically impossible to find a rwd 8hp70 in the states. The next best thing would be a pure stage 2 8hp45 which is possible but it’s so much money.

I really want to get into a G30 540i, massage seats, heated and cooled, b58 plus factory 8 speed. It’ll be a 10 second car fairly easily with just bolt ons stock turbo.

Reactions: Torgus and jzx_andy

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Well turns out I'm an idiot and I just lowered my idle on accident so I was just hearing clutch chatter. Whoops, sounded exactly like my broken trans though. Misfire has been fixed, now @carabuser just needs to set the wgdc to 100% 🙃

• Funny
Reactions: jzx_andy and Torgus

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I have a problem with blowing trannys 💀

Attachments

• D00F33A9-9485-40F5-B2D0-A9634A4C57F7.jpeg
    D00F33A9-9485-40F5-B2D0-A9634A4C57F7.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: jzx_andy and Torgus

BeamerBullie

Mar 22, 2023
Just wanted to do a quick build break down on my 335i. It's a pretty simple setup id say.

Starting off with the fuel system, I run the Dual pump holder from @PFS with a Walbro 450 as my main pump with a walbro 525 as a secondary, big thanks to @Torgus for suppling me with the harness for the second pump. Along side that I run a PFS overdrive, no issues with it as of yet. With the Overdrive I got the full 6an fuel line kit that goes all the way back to the tank. Sadly I don't have pictures of the overdrive but I'll snag some the next I take the intake manifold.
View attachment 76358View attachment 76359

Now as for the engine itself and the things around it. I'm using JE 9.5.1 pistons standard bore. As for rods I'm running Manley i beam turbo tuff rods. Picked up my 11mm headstuds and Athena cut ring head gasket from Vac. As for crank hub I'm running the new updated hub from BMW, no issues as of yet, tons of abuse still holing strong. Went with King standard clearance main and rod bearings. Stock head and intake manifold for now. The intake manifold will likely be replaced soon when i eventually switch to port, as for the head maybe if i keep the car ill build it. Recently added Dual OCC's from burger motorsports as i plugged the head ports during the engine build. The kit works well, lately I've been filling the lowside with condensation as its cold here. Curious where the rest of the single turbo boys run the out port on the high side catch can. As for the Turbo kit, it was fabricated by my long time friend who now runs a company Called Oracle performance, As for the the turbo itself it's a Pulsar 3572R with a T51R mod and a 1.01ar V band exhaust housing. Although he's now working on a bottom mount setup and I'm considering making the switch. As for a clutch i'm using a X clutch Organic twin disk. Recently added a RTD shifter as well, makes the car way more enjoyable to drive, along side a Bms clutch pedal stop. I will note RTD messed up my order and sent me the wrong color shift knob and still haven't fixed their mistake. Engine now has about 4000Kms on it and seems to be running well so far. As for boost control it's controlled via Reflex. Cars tuned by the legend @carabuser, super happy with all my tunes. He can likely explain how he controls the mac solenoid via the stock dme.

View attachment 76360View attachment 76361View attachment 76362View attachment 76363View attachment 76369View attachment 76364View attachment 76365View attachment 76367View attachment 76366

As for little odds and ends, cars on bilstien B6 shocks all around, with TRW m3 contronl arms, A oracle performance diff brace. OEM is engine mounts and Rouge engineering trans mounts.

I'll add some previous carnage along side the old setup before it let go. The turbos looked better then the pistons for sure. Ignore the exhaust it was temporary to make it drive able😂. Also swapped to Coral red this year. Almost my favorite mod
View attachment 76371View attachment 76377View attachment 76378View attachment 76379View attachment 76370View attachment 76372View attachment 76373

These performance numbers aren't totally relevant as i couldn't floor it in third gear due to traction issues caused by cold weather. but still impressive for partial throttle threw third. The 7.07 is my Best on twins, yes that was with the same manual transmission, engaged dct mode that day.
View attachment 76382
View attachment 76374View attachment 76375View attachment 76376
Hey new to the forum just when I thought n54 would be an easier platform to play with than my m6 I've found myself at the money pit table lol. I'm ST but believe I'm having issues with crank bolt backing out or hub starting to slip, checked timing 2 and was off slightly so figured it was the tensioner and after doing the timing again and new tensioner yesterday Im back to having issues after a couple pulls. Is the updated bmw crank hub a good option or send it and get a pinned or vtt one? Stock motor right now just looking to play with the car for the summer and build a motor on the side with a pinned one but if the oem updated one can save me for now and get the car running again I'll just go that route for now. Any input is appreciated.

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Hey new to the forum just when I thought n54 would be an easier platform to play with than my m6 I've found myself at the money pit table lol. I'm ST but believe I'm having issues with crank bolt backing out or hub starting to slip, checked timing 2 and was off slightly so figured it was the tensioner and after doing the timing again and new tensioner yesterday Im back to having issues after a couple pulls. Is the updated bmw crank hub a good option or send it and get a pinned or vtt one? Stock motor right now just looking to play with the car for the summer and build a motor on the side with a pinned one but if the oem updated one can save me for now and get the car running again I'll just go that route for now. Any input is appreciated.
I say depends on your goals and how deep your pockets are. The Oem hub seems to be holding strong in my car. But a pinned hub cant hurt. And yes definitely sounds like your hub is slipping

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Oh no no I mean we were on the 94 coming down from Fargo towards Minneapolis. And it was by far the worst drive I’ve experienced. Happy we out before the highway closed 😂

• Wow
Reactions: wheela

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
General question, what causes a spark plug tip to break off and fall into the cylinder, I’ve heard many different things from knock to loose spark plugs.