My build thread - Ne1man35

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
Whats up SpoolStreet! I have been a long time lurker of these forums but never actually really posted here, I have previously just been an active member on 1addicts. Correct me if this is not the right spot, But I wanted to make a Build thread of my car because It appears SpoolStreet is the way to go for those N54 owners who like heavily modified cars:)

I have a youtube channel all about my car which I post DIY's, Product Reviews, Mods for my 135i, and just videos for general n54 Discussions (135i Vs 335i, etc..)

Im not sure on the rules for this forum, so correct me if not allowed to do this, but I would like to add a link to this thread each time I upload a video so you all can watch my content for entertainment. My # 1 goal for my youtube channel and this build thread is to grow the N54 community both together and bringing outsiders in / encouraging more people to buy or own n54 cars. Especially with the 135i, it is more of a niche car and I want to grow the 135i n54 community as much as possible!

Stats on my car:
-2008 135i fully Loaded (Nav, comfort access, Sport package, Premium Package, Cold-weather package)
-Black Sapphire Metallic on Black Boston leather
-104K miles, all maintenance up to date including New warrantied OEM turbos about 20K miles ago

Current Mods: 380 WHP/421 WTQ on 93 octane ONLY!
-FBO with VRSF 7" HD FMIC, VRSF chargepipe, HKS BOV, VRSF catless downpipes, MHD stage 2+
-BMR 3.5" full exhaust
-Apex EC-7 wrapped in MPSS 235/265
-EBC USR slotted rotors and Redstuff ceramic pads
-BMS catch can / cabin filters / DCI
-Alcantara brown Interior trim wrap
-20% tint
-Ikon Motorsports front Lip
-Side Skirt Extensions
-ZHP shift knob

Future Mods:
-Koni yellow shocks
-Eibach Springs
-Dinan camber plates
-RTD shifter
-Lux angel eyes
-OEM Blacklines taillights
-Carbon fiber Diffuser and rear spoiler lip

Eventually I want to do either upgraded twin turbos or a DocRace Single turbo kit and really make this car serious, but that's way later down the road when my stock turbos give out! From what I have gathered, this forum seems to have a rather advanced group of N54 owners, so I realize my videos/youtube content is a bit elementary for most people on it, but the whole Idea is 1) entertainment and 2) showing how great the N54 platform can be to those not knowledgeable of it!

Here is a recent youtube video, (Best exhaust for N54 [BMR 3.5"]) Feel free to subscribe to my channel!

Reactions: doublespaces

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
Sounds good, i have a st with 3" downpipe and vrsf 3.5" exhaust and i love. Single 3.5" is definitely the way to go.

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
Welcome bud. I just joined a few weeks ago but haven't moved my build thread over here.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
So much content though...

However, the credits would be nice. Trying to win that steering wheel!

Not to hijack this thread, but you can probably just copy and paste the whole thing. Also, photos can be drag and drop into the text box, then inserted no need to upload them through a cumbersome browse dialog, etc.

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
Not to hijack this thread, but you can probably just copy and paste the whole thing. Also, photos can be drag and drop into the text box, then inserted no need to upload them through a cumbersome browse dialog, etc.

Sweet - I'll give a shot.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Ne1man program (at least you're getting credit for all of these replies!) He's got some great content on other BMW forums, happy to see him over here.

Reactions: Clean WHP

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
Wow! Its great to get some traffic on this thread already. My thread over at 1addicts wasn't getting this kind of traffic, and as my primary goal is to increase my viewership on my youtube channel / just provide entertaining N54 content to as many people as possibly, this is all very welcomed!

I know this video is very elementary to most N54 enthusiasts on this forum, but here is a quick DIY I made on the exhaust burble for MHD for those who are only running JB4 or are just curious to see how it all works. My preferred settings are 1 second duration and "soft". Here is the link:

• Informative

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
One of my first videos I ever made was “10 things I hate about my 135i” and it's also one of my most viewed videos, so I wanted to make another video following the same topic / theme but with a little twist on it. The twist is that this video is about my car now that its been thoroughly modified, and what I dislike about it now that its been completely transformed!

Additionally, I feel like my last “10 things I hate about my 135i” video was portrayed wrong and many viewers got a negative connotation of my channel from it. I wanted to make this video because I knew I could do a much better job with the theme of the video, and to portray this topic better!

Hope whoever watches the video enjoys the content, and remember its all in good fun! I absolutely LOVE my car!

DerFixer

Jun 12, 2017
Ride
1M
I saw the vid when you installed your exhaust but it was missing a hanger or something. You said you were going to send it back but it seems you still have it. Did you get someone to weld the hanger on or did you just keep it as it was?

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
I saw the vid when you installed your exhaust but it was missing a hanger or something. You said you were going to send it back but it seems you still have it. Did you get someone to weld the hanger on or did you just keep it as it was?

I send it back to the company and they treated me pretty well. THey welded the hanger and fixed the angle of the pipe so it fits perfect now!

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
Newest video has been out for a day or so, but am just now getting around to linking it here. Since my last video was 5 things I hate, it was only right to follow it up with 5 things that I LOVE about my modified car. I Love every mod ive done and there isn't a single one I would change if I could go back in to, so It was hard to find just 5 of my absolute top favorite mods. Hope you guys enjoy!

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
How well does that air drier work?

It all depends on the wax / coating on my car, My wheels are ceramic coated with Cquartz UK and its works amazing, the water just flies right off. And my car is currently waxed with Griot's Best of Show Wax which is by far the best wax ive ever used. The water blows right off nearly as well as it does on the ceramic coating thats on the wheels.

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
I have officially got my first sponsorship for my car - Derek @ Moore Performance! Derek specializes in custom tunes for MHD, His personal car makes 469AWHP!! and with E50 and NO INLETS... Granted he is on upgraded VTT CHRA's, but that is a pretty good testimony to how nice and powerful his tunes are!

He will be making me a custom tune for 93 octane only, as I don't have access to E85 anywhere and Im not hooked on the Idea of meth injection. My goal for now is 400WHP on 93 octane only.

However, a new gas station near me should be opening up with some E85 this winter, and at that point I'll consider upgrading my clutch, fuel pump, and getting inlets, and getting a custom tune with Derek again in hopes of 450+WHP / 500+ WTQ on the stock turbos.

Also, I have Koni yellow with Eibach springs on the way and a few other upgrades! Stay tuned to my channel!

Last edited:

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
Car is officially tuned by Derek @ Moore Performance tuning. I honestly can't believe the difference it makes, it feels like it has picked up SIGNIFICANT power. I'll have to dyno to know the exact numbers, but we both estimate it to have around 415WHP and 450WTQ and this is on just 93 octane, stock turbos, and no inlets. The car Pulls so damn hard!