MMP Engineering Built Engine Program

MRE19862

Lurker
Sep 11, 2018
East Amherst NY
Ride
2008 BMW 135I
I blew my motor last year making 800whp with stock internals and had a big decision to make this year. I did a lot of research on who I should buy a motor from and what motor I really needed to what I wanted. I talked to a bunch of people and decided to go with MMP. I liked what they offered and the communication during the build was spot on. I found Mauricio Contacted me more than I was sitting around patiently waiting for my motor to be finished. Between the pictures and communication it was 10 out of 10 experience. When you spend a lot of money on something it's nice to have that feeling something is actually being done with it. I have been burned by hexon and one other person for a single turbo kit but I don't bash on them because I understand things happen in life just own up to it and give a refund.... (hexon!). So with the chunk I spent I definitely was happy at the customer service I recieved.
IMG-20180911-WA0000.jpg

As for the Motor I purchased.
It was the M1400 built engine – Good for 1400whp – Darton Sleeves, ferrea valve train.
The motor revs fast and with everything coated the motor oil temperatures stay low like 200 low.
Still I'm the tuning process with wedge but sooner or later I will have this thing running perfectly and ripping tires apart for fun.
IMG-20180711-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20180713-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20180713-WA0000.jpg
20180801_220910.jpg
20170818_181124.jpg

Attachments

• 20180726_202224.jpg
    20180726_202224.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Flame suit on

What Is the benefit of ferrera valve train ? Or is it just not big difference in price if replacing? I didn't think our valve train limited anything cause n54 isn't a screamer anyway

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Great write up, I recently just asked Mauricio yesterday i belive, why there are no reviews of his product. They said they ship out a few motors each week.

Reactions: MRE19862

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Would you mind elaborating on factors that made you choose MMP over other vendors offering built engine services?

MRE19862

Lurker
Sep 11, 2018
East Amherst NY
Ride
2008 BMW 135I
Great write up, I recently just asked Mauricio yesterday i belive, why there are no reviews of his product. They said they ship out a few motors each week.
partly my fault. I'm busy maintaining this car and working. trying to get tuning done so I can get a new 60 to 130 with this motor.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Mind sharing how much this cost you? How much off did you receive for posting positive reviews on the forums. There is literally no logical reason anyone would choose MMP for a built motor with the other options out there and the quality of MMP's other products and their customer service history.

MRE19862

Lurker
Sep 11, 2018
East Amherst NY
Ride
2008 BMW 135I
Would you mind elaborating on factors that made you choose MMP over other vendors offering built engine services?
Honestly the customer service is great. I dont know if you have experienced getting no answers from the n54 custom part vendors or you bought a product but dont recieve it for months and then you call and they go sorry I can refund you or the first st turbo kit I bought and just kept being told its shipping in a week for months til you get sick of it. I called and they answered my question and concerns. Also a warranty is really un heard of in the custom motor building since if you are trying to build a monster of a car you are going to push limits of things all the time. And the end of the day the motor just sounds meaner and it started the first time I tried. nothing was messed up and I recieved pictures during the build and asked key questions like what are you planning on doing with the motor, daily driver, racing, etc..

I have been in the n54 world since 2010 and to be honest MMP has been the best vendor I have worked with so far. Other than my tuner Ken at wedge who helps me all the time. Also steve at fuel it is another amazing vendor who will make sure on a sunday when you find a leaking fuel injector to have it nexted day air to you for on Tuesday with no issues. Guys like this will always stand by you and help you along the way and that's a big part I choose there products.

I hope that helps.

MRE19862

Lurker
Sep 11, 2018
East Amherst NY
Ride
2008 BMW 135I
ever
Mind sharing how much this cost you? How much off did you receive for posting positive reviews on the forums. There is literally no logical reason anyone would choose MMP for a built motor with the other options out there and the quality of MMP's other products and their customer service history.
Everything costs money. I recieved no discount for this post. Like I said before I have been burned so many times in the years I have been doing N54s and I stick by the people who actually do what there gonna say. Really a warranty is what stands out as saying I'm not gonna build you junk. Try calling some vendors when you need an answer right away. There's few that will answer the phone. The price is the same that is in the cart when you selected every option. It's a custom motor and will be pricey. But for the price and the warranty and how nice this motor revs, sounds and runs and the power I can make with it. It was totally worth it for a hobby.

MRE19862

Lurker
Sep 11, 2018
East Amherst NY
Ride
2008 BMW 135I
Flame suit on

What Is the benefit of ferrera valve train ? Or is it just not big difference in price if replacing? I didn't think our valve train limited anything cause n54 isn't a screamer anyway
it's an extra 2000 or so. all the valves are .5mm bigger so more flow. they dont float when running big boost. and you get another 500 rpm which I dont even notice to be honest. when your in the big whp range you fly through the rpm band like nothing. Hopefully I will get a new 60 to 130 video on YouTube before winter. Only suggestion I would have is if your stepping into the big hp range be prepared to spend money and time.

MRE19862

Lurker
Sep 11, 2018
East Amherst NY
Ride
2008 BMW 135I
Did anybody reach out to you, to leave a review?
I have been meaning to do one when I had time. I work alot and been ripping the car apart and putting it back together for small things that weren't seeming right. I just sent the motor back last week finally since the beginning of august when I got the new motor in. I also been tuning like crazy. Hint go 5 bar map sensor right away lol. Mauricio just sent me the picture of cylinder 3 cracked so I finally had all the pictures I needed to write a good one. Unfortunately when I was looking for my motor there weren't anything like the post I wrote. no videos or really good pictures or first hand people other than Vargas or motiv posts about the motors they had. I'm guessing people dont spend 16000 on a custom motor for 2008 BMW LOL. So needless to say I have been telling Mauricio how awesome this motor was since I had it running probably once a week lol. When you hear this motor in person everyone can tell its built. I go to muscle car shows and everyone asks what's in that thing and I laugh and say a 6 cylinder. I really owed them a good post because my experience was really good with them. He gaps the rings according to what your gonna be doing with the motor and has answered every question I had about this motor and the break in process. Most importantly I have beat the shit out of this motor to the point my clutch definitely got tacky and grippy and it still runs perfect. Minus the really grippy clutch now lol hence taking the transmission off again.
Are you looking to get a motor soon? I definitely went above and beyond for what I needed but I just wanted to be sure my motor wasnt gonna break and who knows there might be nitrous one day in my car. Next year I will have some 1/4 mile runs and be at Mpact east hopefully destroying people in roll racing.

MRE19862

Lurker
Sep 11, 2018
East Amherst NY
Ride
2008 BMW 135I
Why did you just send your motor back? Was it because of cracked cylinder? P.S You're not the only one with expensive build:D
yes cracked cylinder and I have been busy working and working on the car so I never had time to get the motor packed back up and sent out. yes I know I'm not the only one. :anguished:

[email protected]

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra

Few engines per week? That is pretty impressive to say the least, if factual that is likely twice or more engines shipped per week as every other USA N54 engine builder combined. Must be one hell of an operation.

Rob

MRE19862

Lurker
Sep 11, 2018
East Amherst NY
Ride
2008 BMW 135I
Few engines per week? That is pretty impressive to say the least, if factual that is likely twice or more engines shipped per week as every other USA N54 engine builder combined. Must be one hell of an operation.

Rob
I also forgot to say how helpful rob was a aswell. You helped me with the smoke issue which obviously was a failing cylinder lol. didn't know till it really failed lol.

Reactions: [email protected]