MMP

Private
Nov 10, 2016
Houston, Texas
Sounds like we have an answer, this is the first MMP engine build. Let us hope it goes well.

Rob

the troll is again 100% wrong, he loves trolling and being fed but I prefer not to feed the troll. We have a ton of engine builds under our belt. We will let the troll continue to speculate and try and confuse people as he is good comic relief :) Im literally laughing out lol over here, lets see what the troll posts next. AS a warning the troll will keep at it so I wont acknowledge the troll anymore as that is his trap, worked on people like Tony and he would get Tony to blow up online, but doesn't work on me LOL

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
the troll is again 100% wrong, he loves trolling and being fed but I prefer not to feed the troll. We have a ton of engine builds under our belt. We will let the troll continue to speculate and try and confuse people as he is good comic relief :) Im literally laughing out lol over here, lets see what the troll posts next. AS a warning the troll will keep at it so I wont acknowledge the troll anymore as that is his trap, worked on people like Tony and he would get Tony to blow up online, but doesn't work on me LOL

There you have it folks your answer is "A TON of N54 engine builds under the belt".

Glad you find it entertaining trying to answer a simple question, not even a precise answer requested but rather a guesstimate, of all things how many engines you have built for the N54 platform to date. As if that is so hard to know, being such a damn big project and all. We have been told 1-2 per week, but no clarification if that started yesterday or what?

As for Tony@VTT in this area I bet he has more experience than most any other around... that dude has ripped into more N54's than anyone and even he probably still has a good idea of about how many that would be.

Rob

Last edited:

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Hopefully this is just speculation and then little bit of saving face . I think the facts are the OP was asked to review but didn't want to discredit his review so said he did it on his own and mmp was honest enough to say he asked him to do it. Then a statement was made which can be taken diff ways. It is very possible between all engines since was stated alot are n55 are repaired technically built but prob not actually built just fixed maybe freshened up or whatever. I'm thinking it is 2 or 3 engines out of car and worked on then delivered this could be replacing bearings like he said it doesnt mean they are 16k builds. Now I think mmp was not wanting to correct OP and let him get attacked and also prob doesnt want to go back and forth or in any way say rob was right. Last technically rob made valid points about the man power that would take but these were based on assumptions made in this thread and he didn't want let it rock and have miss information spread.

• Agree
Reactions: Rob@RBTurbo

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

Is that what the engine sounds like on a cold start??? Bad Ass!

When you hear this motor in person everyone can tell its built.

I'm still confused about how a built n54 motor sounds so different than a stock n54. Even if you put the large high lift cam in,from my understanding, is it doesn't idle like a big lope cam on a pushrod v8 because of vanos.

What exactly makes it sound so different? Are you reving to 8200 or did you increase the displacement a full liter or something? Those are the only 2 things I can think of that would make it sound different. I'm no expert on built engines of course, so I am really curious as to what sound you hear exactly and what it is attributed to.

Can you explain and take a video?

• Agree
Reactions: veer90

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
So what do you guys do about the hub spinning issue? I didnt see anyone ask. Id hate to be the customer to spend a couple grand and the crank hub slip and the valves say see ya.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I was told you can't tell the difference in a built or none built n54 engine by hearing it. I've never heard a built one.

Why can't you just answer a simple question if it is so easy?

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
LOL at Rob in here trolling as usual.

Thanks for the kind words, OP reached out to me saying he was so happy with the process and build and I suggested he post his thoughts as Just that week I had received an email that a potential customer was having trouble locating reviews.

What can I say business is good. We seem to be getting alot more N55s recently usually due to spun bearings but we still get a good amount of N54s. I am happy so many people choose MMP, maybe due to finding us easily on google, great warranty on the engine, great options and great prices. It is hard to keep up with at times so many engines but we do everything we can to keep up and have several people working on it. If you have any questions please email me at [email protected]. We are here for all your engine build needs and also twin turbo needs as well as many other exciting products such as airflow and fueling.

-Mauricio
This by far has my vote. I am looking forward to doing business with you guys. The price and response time is unmatched at this point.

Reactions: MRE19862

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Proof that I'm happy is with me actually writing a post. I cant stand pe

I usually dont help out but you know what I'm sure everyone wants to learn from others before you waste thousands on products you shouldnt. trust me I will be testing this motor and that's why I built the best I could lol.
Thanks for doinh this. Ive been on the market for a built engine but im only at 700whp. I want to try the m800 with a built head. Ive wasted money on 2 stock swaps. Ive had no issues with mmp inlets, mmp turbos, or mmp PI. They have been the only vendor who gets back to me almost immediately. Im guilty of never leaving reviews or write ups also. Hopefully more people come out and share the experience.

Reactions: MRE19862

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
How did the sound of the engine change when it was built?

Like how can I tell when I hear a built n54? This could really help people man. Someone could claim their engine is built when it is not.

Again the engine sounding different is the 1st time i have ever heard of it. I dont doubt you. I just really want to know more.

I'm honestly really curious can you please comment and explain?

Edit: I'm like you man. I turn my own wrenches. I installed my single turbo etc. on my own car. I didn't pay a shop to do it. I also have alot invested into my ride. I have a 6466 and I will push it. I will probably need at some point tobuy a built block. I want to know more.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: veer90

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
How did the sound of the engine change when it was built?

Like how can I tell when I hear a built n54? This could really help people man. Someone could claim their engine is built when it is not.

Again the engine sounding different is the 1st time i have ever heard of it. I dont doubt you. I just really want to know more.

I'm honestly really curious can you please comment and explain?
Trap set

• Dumb
Reactions: veer90 and MRE19862

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Man you guys a brutal on here. I'm trying to help others who arnt sure who to go with so I wrote my experience since there were none in feburary when I was making my decision. regardless if he asked me to right one or not this is meant to help others not say you must go MMP. like I said I got no discount for this post I just wanted to show what I got and how it sounds and revs. there will be driving videos sooner or later on my you tube channel but unfortunately the people making power on these cars know you always find the next issue or failing part. (Life I'd say lol)
Hey man, a lot of us really appreciate it - it's just certain people always like to be loudest and get upset when they don't get the reaction they want. I for one am glad you made this thread, as I'd heavily consider ordering a built engine from @MMP for sure and I'm also sticking with twins so long as I have an N54 - the price can't be beat, they're actually responsive and nice to both customers and potential customers, and they're probably the most widely known company who offers this right now anyway.

As for the question about how many engines they're shipping a week, I think @Rob09msport is probably the closest to being correct by saying they probably aren't all $16k builds. If you look at the options, the lowest tier is an engine with coated bearings, more durable studs etc - the aforementioned loudmouths like RB will always argue whether or not that counts as a "built engine", and surely this is most of what is being sold, but that's still a lot more built or modified engines than any other big name N54 vendor is selling, no? There's a hilarious heaping of irony in @Rob@RBTurbo getting all uppity about specifics when he's never offered one solid specific piece of evidence, so imo @MMP Is doing it right - keep doing your thing Mauricio, you guys are one of very few companies who do everything that they offer well.

• Agree
Reactions: Sshec152 and veer90

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Hey man, a lot of us really appreciate it - it's just certain people always like to be loudest and get upset when they don't get the reaction they want. I for one am glad you made this thread, as I'd heavily consider ordering a built engine from @MMP for sure and I'm also sticking with twins so long as I have an N54 - the price can't be beat, they're actually responsive and nice to both customers and potential customers, and they're probably the most widely known company who offers this right now anyway.

As for the question about how many engines they're shipping a week, I think @Rob09msport is probably the closest to being correct by saying they probably aren't all $16k builds. If you look at the options, the lowest tier is an engine with coated bearings, more durable studs etc - the aforementioned loudmouths like RB will always argue whether or not that counts as a "built engine", and surely this is most of what is being sold, but that's still a lot more built or modified engines than any other big name N54 vendor is selling, no? There's a hilarious heaping of irony in @Rob@RBTurbo getting all uppity about specifics when he's never offered one solid specific piece of evidence, so imo @MMP Is doing it right - keep doing your thing Mauricio, you guys are one of very few companies who do everything that they offer well.
GROUP BUY TIME!!!! Lol