MHD teases N54 Antilag with the stock DME

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
A lot of the problems are caused by android updates, it's not MHD introducing bugs it's Google moving the goalposts every couple of months.

Yea, it's a real hassle. Compounded with the vast assortment of possible android phones, OS versions, manufacturer specific OS changes, etc. Across 3 apps, plus iOS. Keeping up with all that should be a full time responsibility in itself :)

Just gonna put this here

IOS>Android :)

@Jake@MHD only issue i know with the IOS app is, when your data logging and you go to change what gauge your displaying, you have to swipe from a very specific spot or it wont scroll down the list of gauges.

Yea I was able to reproduce this too, but quite a few packages need to be updated in the app to address it, so it's been delayed due to the hassle testing. If you let the window sit for a few seconds, you can also then scroll.

Reactions: mattpins and wheela

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
So who are the "top tier" n54 tuners these days? Bonus points if they've got experience w/ our MHD+ feature suite on MEVD / MG1 DME.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Thanks guys, will already be working with Wedge and Motiv, just wanted to make sure there wasn't anyone else I wasn't aware of :)
Will you eventually be working with anyone to bring this to e series n55 as well?

Reactions: wheela

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Flash option yes, work well with JB4, it depends. The flash option includes a slider for boost target during antilag, which JB4 may or may not override

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
Flash option yes, work well with JB4, it depends. The flash option includes a slider for boost target during antilag, which JB4 may or may not override
I am sure Terry will figure something out.
Could you explain how this will differ from the current JB4 version of anti lag ?
What parameters are actually utilized ?
I have used it maybe 3x (my car is not laggy on smaller twins) since available from JB4. I have read that the way JB4 does it, it is different (less harmful) to turbos than anti lag used on rally cars and such. Could you elaborate a bit ?

Reactions: RuskiRacer

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
I am not sure how JB4 does it outside of spoofing the IAT signal to force timing to drop. Ours is similar, except doesn't spoof anything. It has configurable timing retard per boost target, a separate lambda target, and then coolant min/max safeties, a max modeled EGT safety, maximum duration timer, and a cool down timer between uses. Same implementation we released for F and G series cars running it now for almost 2yr no issue.

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
I am not sure how JB4 does it outside of spoofing the IAT signal to force timing to drop. Ours is similar, except doesn't spoof anything. It has configurable timing retard per boost target, a separate lambda target, and then coolant min/max safeties, a max modeled EGT safety, maximum duration timer, and a cool down timer between uses. Same implementation we released for F and G series cars running it now for almost 2yr no issue.
Nice !
Thank you for the detailed response!
How far out is this ?
Days? Weeks ? Months ?

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017

On the F chassis we setup the JB4 to follow the request if MHD anti-lag is enabled. We can do that for N54 also easily enough. The JB4 N54 has anti-lag currently including a user adjustable boost set point so not sure this would be any better for JB4 customers. But we'll test it out when released and see what works best!

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
On the F chassis we setup the JB4 to follow the request if MHD anti-lag is enabled. We can do that for N54 also easily enough. The JB4 N54 has anti-lag currently including a user adjustable boost set point so not sure this would be any better for JB4 customers. But we'll test it out when released and see what works best!
Thanks for chiming in !