Technical MHD linear throttle map

twiztedE60

Nov 7, 2020
So i tried out linear throttle mapping and while I like how much more control I have over the acceleration, did anyone else notice any oscillation right at throttle tip in, almost as if the engine doesn't know whether I'm accelerating or taking my foot out? If I go just a little bit further after tip in, its smooth as usual, it just doesn't seem to like very light throttle input? Or I might just be crazy. I reset adaptations for throttle to be sure.

And if it is just the mapping, is there anyway to get an in between the stock map and linear?

JoeO

Lurker
Apr 5, 2020
I'm using MHD stage 1 v7 map and I don't like either throttle mapping. Both seems to make driving the car smooth at light throttle more difficult. On track it's OK, but you have to be much more careful with modulating the throttle; especially initial tip in. I prefer the stock mapping.

twiztedE60

Nov 7, 2020
Okay, i thought i was just losing my mind. Its like when i first started driving this 6mt and after driving stick only for 10+ years it felt like i couldn't drive this thing smooth until i removed the CDV lol. Just got to get used to the tip in amount i suppose, thanks for the reply.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Okay, i thought i was just losing my mind. Its like when i first started driving this 6mt and after driving stick only for 10+ years it felt like i couldn't drive this thing smooth until i removed the CDV lol. Just got to get used to the tip in amount i suppose, thanks for the reply.

Not crazy.

vonhassen

Lurker
Dec 4, 2019
Ride
2009 E60 535xi
Same. I drove a manual E61 with the linear throttle mapping (& made him flash to it because of how much I loved it on a E60 6AT w big twins), but I literally felt like I was 16 again & was trying to simultaneously take my drivers test while learning to drive stick.

It took me like 5 attempt to hit a 2-3 shift that was not just horrible for all involved. The MT E61 is on a very mild upgraded set of twins so its not like its crazy fast or anything either.

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
In my experience having burble tune made light throttle like that. I'd either just turn it off or run a gear lower. I always use linear throttle, although in the tune. Not MHD

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
In my experience having burble tune made light throttle like that. I'd either just turn it off or run a gear lower. I always use linear throttle, although in the tune. Not MHD

No burble here. Linear throttle makes my car obnoxious.

Genuinely wondering if there's something wrong with my pedal or throttle assy.