MHD 2.0 with Datalog API Integration

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
You can now upload datalogs with the MHD->SpoolStreet Integration available in MHD v2.0, there are two ways to proceed:

• Upload logs with an API Key:
    • Logs will persist indefinitely at https://datalogs.spoolstreet.com/ under "Your Datalogs".
    • BB Code support to embed your datagraphs in posts and PMs.
    • Additional privacy options such as a true Private setting, so only you can view even if someone has the link
  • Upload logs without an API key:
    • Logs will automatically delete after 14 days, if you lose the link there is no getting it back
    • No registration required

If you want logs to be saved to your account automatically, click "Find" and you will be sent to the API Keys manager:
Screenshot_20200514-172051.png

You may have to login/register and then go back to the app and click "Find" again to be redirected correctly. From the API Keys manager, click "Add API Key" in the top right:
Screenshot_20200514-172939.png

Then select the graph:write API permission, add a name and click save:
Screenshot_20200514-172949.png

Copy your API key:
Screenshot_20200514-172959.png

Then go back to MHD and typed it in:
Screenshot_20200514-172820.png

Once the API key is added, you will not need to login anymore and all the logs will be connected to your account automatically.

By default, logs uploaded without an API key will have the 'Unlisted' privacy setting. This means it won't be displayed to the general public, you MUST know the URL to the datalog in order to view it. This also means if you lose the link, it is gone forever.

If it wasn't clear how to upload a log, you swipe left on it.
---

To move your licenses to iOS, first login on Android then login in iOS.
If you have login issues, ensure you have Google Chrome downloaded on the device and use that browser to login instead. Don't use the phone's built in browser, just use Chrome.
Alternatively, try logging into the updated Android app with a different device temporarily just to get your licenses uploaded.

Last edited:

Bigfwop

Lurker
Mar 13, 2019
Fort Myers
Ride
e92 335i
You can now upload datalogs with the API, there are two ways to proceed:

• Upload logs to your SpoolStreet account using an API Key, logs will persist, have privacy options and be available indefinitely in the datalogs section(https://datalogs.spoolstreet.com/) under "Your Datalogs".
  • Upload logs without an API key, logs will automatically delete after 14 days and if you lose the link there is no getting it back.

If you want the logs to be saved to your account, click "Find" and you will be sent to the API Keys manager:
View attachment 37677

You may have to login/register and then go back to the app and click "Find" again to be redirected automatically. From the API Keys manager, click "Add API Key" in the top right:
View attachment 37678

Then select the graph:write API permission, add a name and click save:
View attachment 37681

Copy your API key:

View attachment 37682

Then go back to MHD and typed it in:

View attachment 37676

Now you will not need to login anymore and all the logs will be connected to your account. By default, logs uploaded via the API will be 'Unlisted'. Which means, they won't be displayed to the general public, you MUST know the URL to the datalog in order to view it.
If it wasn't clear how to upload a log, you swipe left on it.
---

To move your licenses to iOS, first login on Android then login in iOS.
I've never had to log into MHD via Android. Is this something new?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I've never had to log into MHD via Android. Is this something new?

With the new MHD app, you'll encounter it's own login system. There are several benefits to this likely, but mainly it enables you to transfer your licenses between Android and iOS. For additional clarity, this has nothing to do with the integration with SpoolStreet's datalog API, it is a separate MHD specific thing.

Bigfwop

Lurker
Mar 13, 2019
Fort Myers
Ride
e92 335i
With the new MHD app, you'll encounter it's own login system. There are several benefits to this likely, but mainly it enables you to transfer your licenses between Android and iOS. For additional clarity, this has nothing to do with the integration with SpoolStreet's datalog API, it is a separate MHD specific thing.
The entire process makes sense. I guess I have to wait for Google to push another update out. Currently I'm rocking v1.92 and there is no login system for me to update my licenses to so I believe they're just local to my device.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The entire process makes sense. I guess I have to wait for Google to push another update out. Currently I'm rocking v1.92 and there is no login system for me to update my licenses to so I believe they're just local to my device.

You should check again, it was available for me just not too long ago. These screenshots were taken using the Google Play version. I'm in North America if that matters.

Bigfwop

Lurker
Mar 13, 2019
Fort Myers
Ride
e92 335i
You should check again, it was available for me just not too long ago. These screenshots were taken using the Google Play version. I'm in North America if that matters.
I found my problem. I've been bamboozled via google play. I've always been able to pull updates no problem but my current os is 4.3 Jellybean and apparently their new requirements are 4.4. Now I have to root my phone and update is manually since my device is archaic.

• Wow
Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Oh bummer, looks like Android isn't giving up that easy! It's going to keep you around for as long as poasible

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
I haven’t looked yet but does the data log feature work with the N55e e series version as well?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I haven’t looked yet but does the data log feature work with the N55e e series version as well?

I have specifically tested the following:
MHD
BM3
JB4
COBB
BPM-4
MG Flasher

Basically anything that is in csv format although it has special support for JB4 and BPM4 since they have extra headers. If you click the 'Datalogs' on the navigation menu here, you can see which logs are detected, it shows their app icon.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
I have specifically tested the following:
MHD
BM3
JB4
COBB
BPM-4
MG Flasher

Basically anything that is in csv format although it has special support for JB4 and BPM4 since they have extra headers. If you click the 'Datalogs' on the navigation menu here, you can see which logs are detected, it shows their app icon.

Nice!! Looking forward to trying this out. So much more convenient.

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Got it to work! Very easy. So my logs upload to the General category. Is that correct?

I saw there was an N55 category but didn’t see an option to choose it.

In order to select which category the MHD will upload your logs to, we'll need to wait for @jyamona to clear his backlog of items, hopefully he will add that support, I've provided the information on how to do this already. The only way to get it in a specific category for the time being, is to visit the Datalogs section and upload manually or ask me to move it.

Reactions: houtan