Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Unsprung

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheAllOriginal

Private
Dec 15, 2016
Baltimore, MD
So I'm one of the originals to get and install MFactory's twin-disc clutch. Now most of you know that if you chose their sprung option during that time you would have some problems with slipping etc.

I'm now going to fix the problem ( I'm a lil late, I know lol. ) and was wondering on feedback from others and their opinion.

So MFactory is kind enough to offer a fix that's free for those that have had the defective sprung clutch, and after talking with MFactory they allowed me to choose between their new revised sprung hub or to go with an unsprung set up.

I'm now debating on what to with this time around. Has anyone chose their revised sprung hub ? Curious on how different the design is. For those with the revised hubs, are their any problems, and has the clutch felt solid with no slipping etc. ?

Keep in mind I do daily this lol.

Reactions: doublespaces

cloud9blue

Sergeant
Oct 17, 2017
Ride
09 E92 335i
Argh. Nice to them to offer fix. But so many of their parts have problem over the years...

How much tq are you putting down?

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I can't speak directly to mfactory parts, but I first had the spec unsprung twin and absolutely hated it. I now have the spring setup and it's a million times better. I still don't like the engagement though, but I also have the highest torque holding material they offered. At some point I'll probably swap it out for the carbon discs and that will likely be perfect for daily driving.

all4bspinnin

Corporal
Jun 12, 2017
Ride
135i TT
I had to tune a car with one of these clutches recently. Cant remember if it was sprung or unsprung... either way, it was almost undriveable. It was either in or out, no in between... you basically had to rev it up and dump it. It also chattered. I've driven many twin disk clutches in my day and I can safely say, this was the worst clutch by far.