Mboost setting

ckh091020

Private
Sep 1, 2021
Yes sir, will do once I access to my laptop. for some reason I can't post two logs in one thread, anyways, I believe the following is what I am seeing, correct me if I am wrong.

I have a 19T

For the Non-Mboost log, Load Req = 212.2 and boost req 21psi and WG Duty Cycle at 30-34% range

For M-Boost active, Load Req= 161 and boost req 20psi but WG DC at 24.6%

tony@codewerx

Corporal
Apr 1, 2017
Ride
E92
Which tables are these? Glad if you could help.

I change load target to 240 and the cells become red
I changed boost ceiling to 1.6 bar and boost didn´t go over 21.x psi as it was with load 220.

Boost limit multi is set to 3 across the board
Bro is set to 84 across the board
Turbos not delivering ?

ckh091020

Private
Sep 1, 2021
In the Map pools, anyone have a good logs to point me to, so I can use it for reference when doing map compare?

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
MAF is derived from MAP and other factors, and MAP is changed. That's why anything that relies on MAF values needs to be adjusted for scaled maps.

The scale definitely seems odd, but the target doesn't seem that far off. Other VE/divisor tables may be changed, but 20psi target @ 160 load on full scale isn't left field.

Yes sir, will do once I access to my laptop. for some reason I can't post two logs in one thread, anyways, I believe the following is what I am seeing, correct me if I am wrong.

I have a 19T

For the Non-Mboost log, Load Req = 212.2 and boost req 21psi and WG Duty Cycle at 30-34% range

For M-Boost active, Load Req= 161 and boost req 20psi but WG DC at 24.6%
Those are base WGDC values, WGDC bank 1/2 are final and they are 50-55% in both.

Reactions: ckh091020

ckh091020

Private
Sep 1, 2021
@RSL , Thank you for the tips. With the calculated MAF derived by the MAP + complex math , the value of MAF also be lower, therefore anything related to MAF also need to be alter as well, got it. What was I thinking?

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
The cells turning red in TunerPro just means your getting close to the defined high range in the XDF, you can turn that off. The actual limit in the code is 327.

21PSI at 220 load is about right. You also need to keep in mind that the boost ceiling param is halfway through the boost pressure target calc so if it's limited to 22.5PSI by the ceiling then it'l also be further reduced by the KF_PSPLD_ECO table that I posted here a while ago.

So we set Boost ceiling to 1.8 bar and load target to 240

the boost tables are set this way
1634716408581.png

i don´t know which of them is KF_PSPLD_ECO.

But nothing happens. Load Req. doesn´t move higher than 219.9

ckh091020

Private
Sep 1, 2021
@JohnDaviz, the topic of this thread related to Mboost , in which rescale tables necessary for the logic. I am not sure what is your setup, I have post mine in the first page, if you don't have Mboost active or scale incorrectly, you will be seeing what you are describing.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
@JohnDaviz, the topic of this thread related to Mboost , in which rescale tables necessary for the logic. I am not sure what is your setup, I have post mine in the first page, if you don't have Mboost active or scale incorrectly, you will be seeing what you are describing.
Mboost logic has nothing to do with load or scaling. The point of mboost is to remove the 18.6psi restriction on target boost. With mboost you can target up to 22.5psi before scaling is required.

ckh091020

Private
Sep 1, 2021
I am referring the topic of this thread "MBoost setting". I don't want to confuse other when the content is off.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
So we set Boost ceiling to 1.8 bar and load target to 240

the boost tables are set this way
View attachment 60718

i don´t know which of them is KF_PSPLD_ECO.

But nothing happens. Load Req. doesn´t move higher than 219.9
Just move them back to stock values for now. You're going to get throttle closures by using values lower than 1.

With your load restriction you need to look at the following tables:
Boost Limit Multiplier (This is actually a load limit not boost limit) (You can set this up to 4.0)
Boost Limit Multiplier Ceiling (This needs to be the same as the highest value in the table above, so 4.0)
KL_PIRG_ATL, backpressure factor (Undefined in public XDF)
Load Limit Factor (You can set this to 1.0)
KL_DRFUK_ATL, load adder based on rpm (Undefined in public XDF)

All those tables factor into a maximum load value which can limit what you set in your own load max table. You should be able to use Boost Limit Multiplier and Load Limit Factor to get rid of any limitation you need.

Reactions: JohnDaviz

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
how is the mboost logic activate in your case?
MHD looks at the Boost Ceiling parameter, if it's higher than 7FFF then it'll make a change to the logic area that allows the boost target to go higher.
No other changes to the calibration are needed unless you need to scale your MAP to target above 22.5PSI.

ckh091020

Private
Sep 1, 2021
This is the Log without Mboost, boost target at 21 psi

Reactions: General.Massacre

ckh091020

Private
Sep 1, 2021
I have been checking Boost target vs boost actual , Load req vs Load actual , Tq output req vs Torq actual , I noticed Torque output req max at 510nm, and Torque actual ( T2L look up table?) What do I need to do to keep the DCT clutch pressure constant why satisfy the 510nm limit? 4.5k-4.6k , I am getting ignition cut or something then misfire , wonder if that relate to Tq actual value

Rich (BB code):

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
This is the Log without Mboost, boost target at 21 psi
this is an exceptionally clean log, well done, self tuned?

Reactions: ckh091020

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Just move them back to stock values for now. You're going to get throttle closures by using values lower than 1.

With your load restriction you need to look at the following tables:
Boost Limit Multiplier (This is actually a load limit not boost limit) (You can set this up to 4.0)
Boost Limit Multiplier Ceiling (This needs to be the same as the highest value in the table above, so 4.0)
KL_PIRG_ATL, backpressure factor (Undefined in public XDF)
Load Limit Factor (You can set this to 1.0)
KL_DRFUK_ATL, load adder based on rpm (Undefined in public XDF)

All those tables factor into a maximum load value which can limit what you set in your own load max table. You should be able to use Boost Limit Multiplier and Load Limit Factor to get rid of any limitation you need.

The IKM0S values in our maps on the "turbo mode" are close to stock
1634799636396.png

We did a lot of testing in the last months and i and a friend run these tables for the whole year now without any issues.

He on IKM0S and i on INA0S

Thanks!
I will change the tables you suggested but i don´t know how to add undefined things :/

Last edited:

ckh091020

Private
Sep 1, 2021
this is an exceptionally clean log, well done, self tuned?
I use whatever available online and make adjustment accordingly , you are right it is self tuned but BMW engineered PID and other feedback logic vs one engineer. I am just lifting limit and make sure actual<target. Been messing with VE for long time , i don’t think this is even called tuning just trying to keep torque model in check

Last edited:

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
I found whatever available online and make adjustment accordingly , you are right it is self tuned but BMW engineered PID and other feedback logic vs one engineer. I am just lifting limit and make sure actual<target. Been messing with VE for long time , i don’t think this is even called tuning just trying to keep torque model in check
very jealous lol, i still new so still trying to learn, and understand the load etc.
Regarding PID, do you mean its stock PID tables? or have you adjsuted them already? your WGDC Base and After PID are very smooth.

ckh091020

Private
Sep 1, 2021

The IKM0S values in our maps on the "turbo mode" are close to stock
View attachment 60744

We did a lot of testing in the last months and i and a friend run these tables for the whole year now without any issues.

He on IKM0S and i on INA0S

Thanks!
I will change the tables you suggested but i don´t know how to add undefined things :/
Just curious what is the goal here? to run boost 0<x<22.5 psi ? Ran 21.psi without Mboost, am I missing something?

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I have been checking Boost target vs boost actual , Load req vs Load actual , Tq output req vs Torq actual , I noticed Torque output req max at 510nm, and Torque actual ( T2L look up table?) What do I need to do to keep the DCT clutch pressure constant why satisfy the 510nm limit? 4.5k-4.6k , I am getting ignition cut or something then misfire , wonder if that relate to Tq actual value

Rich (BB code):

Ignore that torque output req parameter, it's not the correct channel. I've been meaning to speak with Jake about that, the actual torque req channel is based off load requested and passed through the load to torque table to produce a torque setpoint.