Mboost setting

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Just curious what is the goal here? to run boost 0<x<22.5 psi ? Ran 21.psi without Mboost, am I missing something?
The point of this entire thread is that you can't run 21PSI without MBoost.

You can fool the DME into thinking it's above 18.5PSI by messing with the MAP scaling then MHD rescales the logging parameters to show the true boost.

Last edited:

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Just curious what is the goal here? to run boost 0<x<22.5 psi ? Ran 21.psi without Mboost, am I missing something?
the goal here is to run load higher than 220

Some parameters did not allow me yet to target higher than 220 but as i understand 220 is not the limit.

And it is a non scaled map. So load 220 is about 21.5psi but we want to get a bit higher so we need a higher load target than 220.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
the goal here is to run load higher than 220

Some parameters did not allow me yet to target higher than 220 but as i understand 220 is not the limit.

And it is a non scaled map. So load 220 is about 21.5psi but we want to get a bit higher so we need a higher load target than 220.
Even if load isn't maxed, boost value pretty much is. Max DME value is 2560hPa absolute. Factors and conversions will be in play for what you actually see logged as psig. Without scaling, you're probably tapped out for target and reported boost no matter what you do.

ckh091020

Private
Sep 1, 2021
The point of this entire thread is that you can't run 21PSI without MBoost.

You can fool the DME into thinking it's at 18.5PSI by messing with the MAP scaling then MHD rescales the logging parameters to show the true boost

It is Boost target to 21psi by DME , even scaling to whatever, the DME should never exceed 18psi like you said , I had that 21psi when boost ceiling at 1.5 ( before RSL told me to go back to 1.28 for DCT ) . At that time I haven't even purchase Mboost yet.

I see what you are doing, you want to exceed the value beyond normal range , What happen if the logic has boundary check somewhere ? when I programming PLC , we had a boundary check just in case the hardware malfunction

Last edited:

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
It is REQUEST Boost to 21psi by DME , even scaling to whatever, the DME should never exceed 18psi like you said , I had that 21psi when boost ceiling at 1.5 ( before RSL told me to go back to 1.28 for DCT ) . At that time I haven't even purchase Mboost yet.
If there were no changes to that MAP conversion, almost seems like Mboost logic had to have been written, license or not. The DME can't target over 18.5psi without either the logic change for ceiling or altered MAP values.

You can go over 1.28 ceiling with DCT now, they finally fixed it, but I still haven't tried it.