According to this, there will be no manual option for the M340i which appears to be the top, non "M" model. Looks like you need to move up to the M3/M4 if you want to drive the stick still.
- Same power as Z4 M40i (380hp or more),
- Automatic only (There will be models with manuals, but only those with much smaller engines, and possibly none for the US market.)
- M features: M Sport brakes, M diff, variable steering, M suspension (option 704 standard even with xDrive, adaptive suspension optional), M steering wheel, M exterior, rear spoiler, 19" wheels.
- The rumored carbon roof was just a rumor.
- Interesting colors: Portimao Blue, Blue Ridge Mountain.
- And some bad news: it will be a delayed intro, so we won't see it until Spring 2019 or later.