LPFP - Magnafuel 750

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Because its loud, expensive, and flows the same or barely more than two Walbro 450, and is blown away by 3 of them. Walbro 267's are under $75 currently, and quiet, don't heat up the fuel excessively, etc.

I spent almost $2000 buying different fuel pumps from summit to test against the walbros. Including this one, brushless pumps, and an Aeromtoive eliminator. All were big, bulky, HEAVY, and NOISEY as fuck. That was before looking at flow numbers, I sent them ALL back, and will never run anything but a 450, or multiple 450's in any build I am doing.

• Funny
Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
So what is the reason that the supra guys don't use three walbro 450's over this? Racecar?

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
So what is the reason that the supra guys don't use three walbro 450's over this? Racecar?

@Chris@VargasTurboTech had mentioned previously that @Tony@VargasTurboTech is sensitive to increased NVH in the motor mount thread.

I bet you're right, reasons are racecar.

BTW - If you follow the redneck hilarity that is Cleetus McFarland he uses these on his 1200hp TT vette. That's where I first started looking into these.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
My guess is just simplicity, but for me its triple walbros all day. Those pumps are bulky as shit, since they aren't submerged, they are noisey as fuck, and heat the fuel. Having the 3 walbros running submerged in ethanol which is really cool, its just a win win all the way around, but yes, wiring for 3 pumps is slightly more difficult. I'll take a little extra wiring for a better set up in my builds

pysical

Sergeant
Jun 16, 2017
Ride
2009 335xi E90

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Are you running that one on your car

No, I put a simple single wally in the bucket a while back. This looks like it just came out.

That is pretty cheap. Wonder if that would fit right into the bucket and you could zip tie it in place?

Wouldn't need to zip tie it. Things are pretty snug in there. Here is a pic of my bucket with a walbro+the oem pump. Looks like it "should" fit but wouldn't know for sure without trying.

tIBSGtY.jpg

pysical

Sergeant
Jun 16, 2017
Ride
2009 335xi E90
No, I put a simple single wally in the bucket a while back. This looks like it just came out.

Wouldn't need to zip tie it. Things are pretty snug in there. Here is a pic of my bucket with a walbro+the oem pump. Looks like it "should" fit but wouldn't know for sure without trying.

I have a Boost Concepts Stage 2 atm. I need to get another 450 in there so I can use these GC turbos. Need to find the cheapest way to just upgrade mine. Or something that isn't to bad price.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Why isn't anyone using a Magnafuel 750? I'm sure there is a reason, I'm just not getting it.

This is a 15a PWM 750lph e85 intank fuel pump. Being used in many supra, rx7, ls1, etc builds for 900-1100hp on full e85.

I am pretty sure our LPFP driver will handle driving this pump...I can't figure out why nobody has done it yet.

The EKP module can barely handle driving a walbro 450. I've held the module while the car is on when I replaced mine to verify it's working, and it gets HOT. There are various reports of stage 2 fuel pumps burning out older EKPM1 and EKPM2 modules but it's not consistent.

Trying to drive that giant ass pump with the EKP would be a good way to set your car on fire.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
The EKP module can barely handle driving a walbro 450. I've held the module while the car is on when I replaced mine to verify it's working, and it gets HOT. There are various reports of stage 2 fuel pumps burning out older EKPM1 and EKPM2 modules but it's not consistent.

Trying to drive that giant ass pump with the EKP would be a good way to set your car on fire.

It's pretty common for people retrofitting these pumps into other cars to need PWM control and they are using junkyard EKPM's. Both EKPM1 and EKPM2's.

This pump pulls 15a and both EKP's are rated fully for 15a continuous duty.

• Informative
Reactions: veer90