Looking for tuning advice Jb4/bef

E91.335is

Jan 31, 2021
My car is a 2011 E91 335iS. It's an 11' iS swapped into a wagon. Anyway. I spun a rod bearing a few weeks ago. I have a rebuilt engine being shipped to me with King bearings in it. My goal is 450-500 WHP. I'm going to list what I have for parts to build the new engine.

Tune related parts:

FCPeuro refurb index 12 injectors

Frankenturbo F21Bi Hybrids

VRSF Inlets and outlets

VRSF 7.5 stepped race intercooler

VRSF charge pipe

Turbosmart compact plum back DV's

ECS tuning Kohlefaser Luft-Technik intake (thought it looked cool)

VTT Dual Catch Cans with External PCV (port block off)

Ai Catted Ceramic coated downpipes

BMW performance Catback

JB4 with MHD BEF license and blutooth connect

I am not really interested in ditching the JB4 since I just bought it and I like a lot of the functionality of the JB4. Unless there is a compelling reason not to run the jb4.

There's other replacement and non-tuning related performance parts being installed and replaced. I won't list that stuff.

Anyway. My question is. Can someone provide me with a baseline tune or recommendation on how I should go about getting the JB4 set-up for breaking in the engine safely so I can put a few thousand miles on before logging and really tuning?

Thanks for your help and recommendations!

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
My car is a 2011 E91 335iS. It's an 11' iS swapped into a wagon. Anyway. I spun a rod bearing a few weeks ago. I have a rebuilt engine being shipped to me with King bearings in it. My goal is 450-500 WHP. I'm going to list what I have for parts to build the new engine.

Tune related parts:

FCPeuro refurb index 12 injectors

Frankenturbo F21Bi Hybrids

VRSF Inlets and outlets

VRSF 7.5 stepped race intercooler

VRSF charge pipe

Turbosmart compact plum back DV's

ECS tuning Kohlefaser Luft-Technik intake (thought it looked cool)

VTT Dual Catch Cans with External PCV (port block off)

Ai Catted Ceramic coated downpipes

BMW performance Catback

JB4 with MHD BEF license and blutooth connect

I am not really interested in ditching the JB4 since I just bought it and I like a lot of the functionality of the JB4. Unless there is a compelling reason not to run the jb4.

There's other replacement and non-tuning related performance parts being installed and replaced. I won't list that stuff.

Anyway. My question is. Can someone provide me with a baseline tune or recommendation on how I should go about getting the JB4 set-up for breaking in the engine safely so I can put a few thousand miles on before logging and really tuning?

Thanks for your help and recommendations!
Flash appropriate backend flash for fuel and mods. Set all settings to default.
Run map 1 and log.

Last edited:
Reactions: E91.335is

E91.335is

Jan 31, 2021
Flash appropriate backend flash for fuel and mods. Set all settings to default.
Run map 1 and log.
So If I'm running 91 octane pump I would just use the pump map from the JB4 BEF map pack? The thing I'm confused about is are all of these maps intended to be used with hybrid turbos regardless of the bin file name excluding "hybrid".

Attachments

• Map Snip.PNG
    Map Snip.PNG
    32.4 KB · Views: 25

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
My recommendation is to get a proper tune from someone who knows his stuff. Its not that complicated anymore and there are plenty of people out there with a very good reputation. My money goes on V8bait - again ;-)