- Nov 1, 2016
For our upcoming Labor Day, we figured we'd show a bit of the "Labor" involved in making our N54 Billet Intake Manifold, and yes of course offer a deal! (details below)
As our manifolds gain presence in the community, now added to and supporting some of the highest outputting N54 builds and showing true "bolt on" gains, I get more and more inquiries asking why our manifold is so expensive. I thought I would take the time to breakdown the process of machining, fabrication, and assembly for your billet viewing pleasure.
Let's make a manifold:
Mentionables for ONE manifold:
- Roughly 90lbs and over $500.00 of raw billet used
- 537min (9 hours) of CNC on, making chips, AKA "runtime," to make all components
- 43 different operations, positioning billet, setting work offset, and pushing of the go button. Multiple fixture setups and handling of all CNC components through the different operations almost equals machining time
- 18 different billets to precut to size for machining
- Each manifold uses (6) custom bent 1/8" wall thickness, 2" OD runners custom spec'd, mandrel
bent, and shipped from Wisconsin. 100 bend MINIMUM order for these custom made runners.
- 10 hours of fabrication: fitting runners complex angles, welding, and final hand porting
- 3 hours of finishing: clean/prep for plenum sealing, seal the plenum, and final assembly
- Each manifold is then fitted to our test bench, pressurized to 50psi, and held constant for 5 min before final wipe down, polish, and boxing
If these stats aren't enough to make a point in your mind, consider a build lot of just a few, 5, or 10 manifolds? Multiply the figures above, no stress! Did you know each manifold component is held within a 0.003" tolerance of each other? Correlation of the head flange mating surface and the throttle body mating surface is held within a 0.020" tolerance through 4 different mating billet pieces, and we'll toss in the hand fabrication and fit of each runner, and then some welding on the biggest heat dissipator we've ever touched with a TIG torch. Did we mention R&D and design time for each of these different highly customized and specific components?
Our intention for these manifolds was never for mass production and it will always remain that way. Each manifold is personal, I can recall certain components of each manifold and manifolds themselves just by there oddities in toolpath which each has. Each manifold is machined, handled, and put through it's process like its a child of ours. Each manifold is critiqued individually. Each manifold is sold with a story, a hand shake, a start of a relationship (we hope), this isn't just another box on a shelf waiting to be sold and replaced with another. Take a look beyond the pricetag, checkout our process pictures and videos below and I dare you to believe that a different price point is warranted!
Oh yes, so the $$ Labor Day Deal $$ Life is a deal these days, whether that's for the good or bad of our time, I think we all know the answer to that. Volume always aids price. Currently building 10 manifolds, 4 of which already sold, leaving 6 of this batch looking for a proper home of max boost and extreme use!
Retail Pricing: $2,195.00 + $100 flat ship fee
- SAVINGS $400.00 -
Labor Day Deal: $1,895.00 FREE SHIPPING
** All 6 manifolds MUST sell to carry this pricing, convince your friends, anyone on the fence bring this thread to their attention! Shipping within Con US only. Anyone out of country, I will offer the manifolds for $1,845.00 + shipping costs, or you can supply your own shipping/label **
Anyone interested, please email me directly, [email protected]