Just completed combox retrofit - Mic now not working....suggestions?

vernors

Nov 19, 2018
Ride
2010 535i
Hi,

I just completed a combox retrofit and everything seems to be working normally, accept for the microphone. Did a test call and I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me. Also tried dictating navigation instructions, no luck.

I'm 99% sure I pinned the wires correctly and have seen a few posts from others having the same issue, but without a resolution. I know there was Mic + and a Mic - wires....but there are 3 wires that come out of the microphone...yellow, white and black if memory serves.

Do I need to run an aftermarket microphone, or is there another solution?

The coder who helped me out said there is no code solution to this problem, it has to be physical issue.

Thoughts?

Thanks

vernors

Nov 19, 2018
Ride
2010 535i
Hi, I don't know anything about having to repin the connector in the glove box. What is the process? Thanks.

mad1stgen

Lurker
Sep 19, 2017
Ride
E91 335i
Check your pinout at combox. It all should work as it did with MULF/TCU. No aft mic needed, or any connectors in glovebox.

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Hi, I don't know anything about having to repin the connector in the glove box. What is the process? Thanks.
Look at the guide over here:
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660738
It shows what needs to be done to the connector behind the glove box. Once I done this I had no other problems.
I needed to take out the glove box to find that connector. You need to take out your cup holders to be able to pull out the glovebox.

Last edited:

vernors

Nov 19, 2018
Ride
2010 535i
Thanks! I'll read through it and check out the plug in the glove box.