Just a little teaser

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
We have been having a lot of trouble with the car as of late, wiring gremlins continue to plague. Before they popped up, we got the motor in the car, broke it in, and put it on the dyno. The first 7 pulls the car would stop pulling at 5K, figured out the 2 step was coming in for some reason. Turned that off, and 6 pulls later after running 16-17 psi to make sure all was well, we turned it to a whopping 23 psi manifold. I guess you could call this a low boost street map.... :tearsofjoy:

https://datazap.me/u/vargasturbotech/stage-3-870790-23-psi?log=0&data=0-1-2-3

Beware the beast is coming, and it has other surprises waiting...

Ps. Yes thats 350WTQ at 3K, and 833WHp at 7800RPM on 23 psi....

Stage 3 - 23 PSI 870_790 3K.jpg
Stage 3 - 23 PSI 870_790 7800K.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
All My AEM logs have those things logged. I used to do BP for both banks, but I know what it is now. I just do EGT but didn't have them going on that log. The turbos on the car are capable of holding 30 psi to redline. We made these numbers almost a month ago now, the car hasn't played nice since the day after we made these.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
Oh man finally you got the stage 3 setup on there dude!! Wow, this is a great looking curve basically on par with the ST setups except making alot more power with less boost. I will assume this is due to the high lift cams. What turbo are paired on this setup?

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Cams are only part of the equation, I think a few other guys are running them, its still talking them quite a bit more boost to make similar power. The turbos on the car are rated for 560HP each. We believe once we get the wirnig issue sorted if we hold 28 psi or so to redline it will be right near the 1000WHP mark. Remains to be seen, but the motor is flowing well, and these turbos have the flow to do it

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Nice! Wish ACF would hurry up and finish my stuff. I miss having a high HP N54 around the office. :(

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
Cams are only part of the equation, I think a few other guys are running them, its still talking them quite a bit more boost to make similar power. The turbos on the car are rated for 560HP each. We believe once we get the wirnig issue sorted if we hold 28 psi or so to redline it will be right near the 1000WHP mark. Remains to be seen, but the motor is flowing well, and these turbos have the flow to do it

Ahh, gotcha. I'll text you about it later tomorrow for more details. I'm really excited that you finally got that kit on there man. It's going to be easier IMHO to get the trap speeds you want in the 1/2.

Nice! Wish ACF would hurry up and finish my stuff. I miss having a high HP N54 around the office. :(

@Anthony@ACF

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is

Sounds like twin GTX2867 gen II . . .

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
No sir. I don’t care what they rate those turbos at. That turbine wheel is barely bigger than the wheels we use in the GC’s, they do not flow enough to get you the power we are looking for.

• Agree
Reactions: Abacus38