JPworkz bottom mount turbos

Bumbleb

Private
Nov 3, 2016
Florida
So it looks like JPworkz has two bottom mount options between their tubular and log manifolds. My question is who is running either one?

I realize the wait and that it'll probably be even longer than three months but I was just checking to see if anyone had tried them yet.

• Dumb
Reactions: JBacon335

LQQKOUT

Lurker
Nov 5, 2016
Omaha, NE
I don't think anyone's running the bottom mount kit. He just released that design about a month ago and it's taking 4+ months for the top mount kit to ship.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
He also gives preferential treatment if you're famous in the scene vs if you're a nobody. People waited (are still waiting) months for their kits while Omar got his in 6 days for his 135.

Reactions: b1mmr

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
You have tons of free time when you're a scammer.
what I was thinking myself..
He also gives preferential treatment if you're famous in the scene vs if you're a nobody. People waited (are still waiting) months for their kits while Omar got his in 6 days for his 135.
disgusting really.. so he can upload and advertise them..

Mike @ XPH

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Nov 18, 2016
Las Vegas
I honestly do not know what to think about this turbo company, some say they have top notch products and customer service others say its terrible.

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
I honestly do not know what to think about this turbo company, some say they have top notch products and customer service others say its terrible.
Depends if you get the turbo in six days or six months, from what I can tell.

Kervio

Private
Jan 7, 2017
I would really like to see the results of this manifold/setup. Hopefully someday we will see a real one in the wild...

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
The kit works but if you aren't comfortable waiting 3-6 months then you should look elsewhere. The on3 kit is cheap just swap the wastegate out. Furthermore you can always swap in a Garrett GTX super core since the vband housing is the same just a Chinese knockoff. If you bought the 55mm turbo you can swap in a GTX3076r/GTX3576r and if you bought 61mm then you can swap in the GTX3582r. If you wan to avoid the hassle just save a little longer and pick up a ADE/Doc RACE/Motiv/ACF kit.

Reactions: e30sherm

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
There is nothing wrong with the wait "as long as customers are aware of it before they make their purchase"

Is this the case?
That would be the main stipulation for me as a potential customer, but I'd never pull the trigger with a wait time like that.

The kit works but if you aren't comfortable waiting 3-6 months then you should look elsewhere. The on3 kit is cheap just swap the wastegate out. Furthermore you can always swap in a Garrett GTX super core since the vband housing is the same just a Chinese knockoff. If you bought the 55mm turbo you can swap in a GTX3076r/GTX3576r and if you bought 61mm then you can swap in the GTX3582r. If you wan to avoid the hassle just save a little longer and pick up a ADE/Doc RACE/Motiv/ACF kit.

This is basically how I'm going to approach the top mount install.

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
There is nothing wrong with the wait "as long as customers are aware of it before they make their purchase"

Is this the case?

If you aren't aware of the wait of the JPworkz kit then that's on you. There's a reason why its 2700-3k. Its a one man op out of a dudes garage. No overhead means low prices but since its a one man show you're going to waiting a while for a your kit. If you cant wait and are on a budget then its on3. If you can save a little bit longer then go with ADE/Doc Race/Motiv/ACF

b1mmr

Corporal
Jan 17, 2017
If you aren't aware of the wait of the JPworkz kit then that's on you. There's a reason why its 2700-3k. Its a one man op out of a dudes garage. No overhead means low prices but since its a one man show you're going to waiting a while for a your kit. If you cant wait and are on a budget then its on3. If you can save a little bit longer then go with ADE/Doc Race/Motiv/ACF
Not every buyer spends their time on the forums to know these details about every seller.. it should certainly be made clear.

Mike @ XPH

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Nov 18, 2016
Las Vegas

That should be made clear to the customer by the vendor so he can decide which kit to go with
Not all customers are aware of the wait time

Icewall

Lurker
Nov 3, 2016
NJ
Who doesn't research mods these days? I mean a quick google search will tell you all you need lol

that is fine now. people who ordered his first year or so had no idea or any communication to know that it would take so long. even then some people got half a kit after 3-4 months.

i guess at this point people should know that it will take long and communication will be sparce at best.