Jb4 2 step and anti lag causing issues?

Feb 19, 2017
Ride
335i
Contacted a reputable shop here in LA about getting the above add ons installed and they opted out of the install due to sourcing issues back to these 2 mods. I guess cars have been stopping and not wanting to turn back on for hours is a symptom. Anyone having any issues with the 2 step or antilag?

They agreed to move forward with the install if I really wanted to do it but they recommended I wait till the bugs are worked out so I'm not on the side of the road unexpectedly.

I'm a jb4 fanboy. Trying to get the most out of the product with all the bells and whistles I guess. Installing the Bluetooth today so I can finally see the log on what's happening with a full tank of e85

Last edited:

AK135i

Corporal
Dec 13, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Ride
2010 135i
As long as all your connections are right and your clutch pedal senses its engaged, and the battery is disconnected during install, then youll be fine, its the idiots that install is incorrectly that make it seem scary, also don't even think about getting anti lag until you have some strong upgraded turbos, that's my 2 cents. And to be honest, the 2 step relay barely works when using it to no lift shift, and the 2 step feature makes me cringe every time I use it, its not controlled very well at all.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Sounds like your shop is the main issue? If you need specific technical support on getting everything setup just make a thread in the n54tech support area with addl details. Setting both up is a bit of a details business. If they skip an important detail then they're going to quickly get confused.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
As long as all your connections are right and your clutch pedal senses its engaged, and the battery is disconnected during install, then youll be fine, its the idiots that install is incorrectly that make it seem scary, also don't even think about getting anti lag until you have some strong upgraded turbos, that's my 2 cents. And to be honest, the 2 step relay barely works when using it to no lift shift, and the 2 step feature makes me cringe every time I use it, its not controlled very well at all.

Your NLS looked great to me according to the log you posted. Do a run without NLS and watch how you drop a ton more boost every shift... :)

031017_0820-jpg.2805.jpg

AK135i

Corporal
Dec 13, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Ride
2010 135i
Your NLS looked great to me according to the log you posted. Do a run without NLS and watch how you drop a ton more boost every shift... :)

View attachment 2902
Your right my logs did look good, 3-4, 4-5 shift are great, but that 2-3 gear shift it feels like the throttle closes for a brief moment its almost as if im tapping on the brakes mid shift, maybe a good ssk would make this better?

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
It didn't, at least in that log. If you are not shifting fast enough you might be blowing off boost during the 2-3 though. And if your shifter itself is physically notchy then that can have an effect on your shift speed. What is the BOV setup? Tial valve?

AK135i

Corporal
Dec 13, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Ride
2010 135i
currently I have a turbosmart with vrsf charge pipe, and yes 2-3 is by far my slowest shift, its a bitch to find sometimes and I occasionally will miss 3rd.

Feb 19, 2017
Ride
335i
It seems as though I may need to go to a better source to get this all done correctly. What is the best way to get an appointment Terry? Not sure if that is even possible. Just a shot in the dark here

Feb 19, 2017
Ride
335i
I always suggest self install, it's all straight forward, then you can always email us for help if you get stuck somewhere.

Got it. Any way I can email you my log? Still getting Crazy misfire when I try and WOT and sometimes it sends the car into limp mode (orange brake light with <!> ) not sure why this is happening. Much appreciated @Terry@BMS I think I need to fix this before I move into something added or I won't know where the problems are coming from.