Is this guy BSing me?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I don’t think it will be hard, mind you my car has ALOT of more weight to shed, keep that in mind. Roughly another 300lbs I can take out which rounds out .3 off my current time.
Def we know what these cars are capable of mph wise it's always been the 60 that's the prob and you got that covered I'd say.
Alot guy's realized stock turbo to shift at like 52 to 56 depending on setup as crazy as that sounds ymmv but playing with shift points may gain you a point or two

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
Here’s my car
E90 auto open diff
Stock turbos, intercooler, downpipes,stage 2 lpfp, mhd ots e40 tune, stalled converter

Going back next week with less weight and custom tune to run 10’s

But my best 60ft that night was 1.62
Car dead hooks. It just doesn’t have enough power to push it any faster to the 60ft mark, I’ll have better times in the following week

Open dif?
Shit! Well there it is, tire>diff.

What kind of weight are you at on that run?

My biggest problem is I'm full weight, 3,625 loaded. I can drop weight but my hope is to be fast at full weight ... because I'm dumb.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Also I wonder for open diff when you are hooking if would be worth coding out e diff since we cant see on logs. I know guys have tapped into the dsc and logged before just no clue how they did it but I wonder if that could rob a few ponies with brake Intervention since it is preemptive and is basing off of math counting on stock levels of traction.

Silentkiller335i

Corporal
Dec 6, 2016
Open dif?
Shit! Well there it is, tire>diff.

What kind of weight are you at on that run?

My biggest problem is I'm full weight, 3,625 loaded. I can drop weight but my hope is to be fast at full weight ... because I'm dumb.

I’m at 3240 without me in the car but raceweight is 3395. But like I said I still have another 300lbs to drop out of the car.

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
Got some more decent street tire slips from this weekend (255/35 Indy 500's)
Car at race weight was 3,680#

Attachments

• IMG_0306.JPG
    IMG_0306.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 75

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Also I wonder for open diff when you are hooking if would be worth coding out e diff since we cant see on logs. I know guys have tapped into the dsc and logged before just no clue how they did it but I wonder if that could rob a few ponies with brake Intervention since it is preemptive and is basing off of math counting on stock levels of traction.

Don't think it should be robbing any power. It'll only apply the brake lightly to a wheel that it detects as spinning based off the wheel speed sensors. If the wheel is spinning then it's lost most of it's ability to apply power to the road. The brake just biases the torque to the wheel that isn't spinning and makes it useful. Rather than spinning the spinning wheel even faster.

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Got some more decent street tire slips from this weekend (255/35 Indy 500's)
Car at race weight was 3,680#

very consistent. You launch great. My 60fts are usually 2.3 to 2.6 90% of the time :rage:

But I'm DCT and it's a real PITA. Plus can't really launch on green if you try to blip the throttle. Takes a good .5 of a second for the revs to rise and the clutch to engage. So I'm usually chasing the other car.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Don't think it should be robbing any power. It'll only apply the brake lightly to a wheel that it detects as spinning based off the wheel speed sensors. If the wheel is spinning then it's lost most of it's ability to apply power to the road. The brake just biases the torque to the wheel that isn't spinning and makes it useful. Rather than spinning the spinning wheel even faster.
But that's the thing I have to find it but I remember looking at graphs that showed the dsc started applying brake before any wheel speed differential. I think it was using g sensor and other data to try to prevent wheel spin before it occurs, that's why lsd guys are supposed to code it out to preserve brakes even more "prevent fade "

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
But that's the thing I have to find it but I remember looking at graphs that showed the dsc started applying brake before any wheel speed differential. I think it was using g sensor and other data to try to prevent wheel spin before it occurs, that's why lsd guys are supposed to code it out to preserve brakes even more "prevent fade "

I'd be surprised if it was that smart. I know there's a yaw sensor but that shouldn't come into play on a launch unless you are seriously spinning the whole car. Plus I believe the brake is applied fairly lightly. It won't lock the wheel. That would obviously be really bad.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I'd be surprised if it was that smart. I know there's a yaw sensor but that shouldn't come into play on a launch unless you are seriously spinning the whole car. Plus I believe the brake is applied fairly lightly. It won't lock the wheel. That would obviously be really bad.
I def agree it doesn't apply much pressure cause on snow e lsd is worthless. I'm just looking from a every bit counts pov

I don't remember who but someone on this forum that was credible cause I remember that much stated that the dsc is one thing that is less advanced on the m3 and our cars use same one as BMW motor sports program.