is there a DIY for the Clutch Slave Cylinder?

Danksies

Corporal
Nov 2, 2016
NoVA
screw was stripped by previous owner a little and when i went to change out the clutch fluid i ended up fully stripping it. ill have to get a new cylinder anyways cause the screw is part of the unit. so i was wondering if anyone knew of a DIY? cant find anything for later gen cars, only e36/46 =/. it looks simple enough, i just want to know if i can save some work by not having to take off all the lines to get the to cylinder bolts lol

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'm not sure, but if you do one, post it up in the Resource section for the rest of us!

Danksies

Corporal
Nov 2, 2016
NoVA
will do. funny how everyone states that the first thing they do when having clutch parts issues is to replace the slave cylinder, and yet i havent found one for the 1/3 series. i guess we dont really have a problem with ours lol. theres just some bolts that look painfully annoying to get to. they couldnt even get a glimpse of the bolt in the pic lol http://cdn4.pelicanparts.com/BMW/te...TRANS-Clutch_Replacing/images_large/pic11.jpg

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
A lot of these people are probably having a shop install the clutch, and the shop does the cylinder for them also. Which is likely why there are no DIYs

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
All slave replacements are virtually the same other than part numbers involved. There's nothing special about this car and there are many ways to do it depending on the tools you have available.

Reactions: doublespaces

Joseph Soria

Lurker
Nov 6, 2016
California
You can go spend $120+ on a new slave, or you can buy a custom remote bleeder I sell for less.
And you will thank me later. I'll even throw in a DIY

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
You can go spend $120+ on a new slave, or you can buy a custom remote bleeder I sell for less.
And you will thank me later. I'll even throw in a DIY

Why don't you make a DIY in the Resource section up top, and link to your bleeder that you sell. The resource section is designed for that, even can include a price. It will automatically create a discussion thread as well.