Injector tool recommendation?

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
I'm looking to replace the fuel injectors and wanted injector tool recommendations. Thanks guys.

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
FCP sells one for the N55...

Yep that's where I was going to buy the injectors so I was going to just buy the tool from them too but figured I'd ask first incase people had one they preferred for whatever reason even though I assume they are all pretty much the same. I've never taken a DI injector out of anything before so I'm just trying to make sure everything goes as smooth as possible.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
To remove the injectors you don´t need any tools. I changed them a couple of times just by pulling them with my hands.

You more probably will need tools for the new sealings which I bought directly from BMW.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
To remove the injectors you don´t need any tools. I changed them a couple of times just by pulling them with my hands.

You more probably will need tools for the new sealings which I bought directly from BMW.

I agree, it was pretty easy to remove most of my injetors... but I worried about marring the bore.

The puller is simply a slide hammer... and if you can 3d print there should be some STLs out there.

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Ok, after getting the wrong injectors swapped out for the correct ones, I got them installed this weekend and everything seems to be going well. It ended up not being too terrible of a job after all. The last two were a little annoying with all the wiring harness bundles, o2 sensor connections, and working around the hood shock but everything worked out.

Reactions: derekgates

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Ok, after getting the wrong injectors swapped out for the correct ones, I got them installed this weekend and everything seems to be going well. It ended up not being too terrible of a job after all. The last two were a little annoying with all the wiring harness bundles, o2 sensor connections, and working around the hood shock but everything worked out.

It certainly isn't a terrible job... just expensive. The big deal with the injector change is coding the car for the new flow pattern listed on each injector.

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Yeah it wasn't too bad. I had just never done it before so I was a little hesitant going into it. I had the ProTool app to do the coding. It was really simple to use. I had used it before to code out the E-diff stuff.