Ignition switched 12v in trunk / battery compartment?

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Looking for an ignition switched 12v source I can tap into around that general area.

Only other one I know of is cigarette lighter fuse in the glove box. Don't want to run wires that long all the way to the back.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
If the OEM system is the standard 10-speaker, the OEM remote turn on is pin 10 in the OEM amp connector. If the OEM system is Logic7, the OEM remote turn on is pin 13 in the rear main connector of the OEM HU/iDrive. So the internet tells me.

That being said it is pretty quick to run a line back to the trunk, yes it is a hassle but easily done.

The real question is what do you need it for ;)

Reactions: veer90

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
If the OEM system is the standard 10-speaker, the OEM remote turn on is pin 10 in the OEM amp connector. If the OEM system is Logic7, the OEM remote turn on is pin 13 in the rear main connector of the OEM HU/iDrive. So the internet tells me.

That being said it is pretty quick to run a line back to the trunk, yes it is a hassle but easily done.

My friend wants to try controlling the 2 fuel pumps in my car with an Arduino. This would be the power supply

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i

Wouldn't that just be a signal wire to tell the amp to turn on? Maybe BMWs are different, but that's how it is in the aftermarket world.

In short, I dont think that will work...

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
I use the exhaust valve actuator pigtail

Same. I use it as the signal wire for my sub amp. it will come on briefly when you unlock the car, but will shut off again if you don't actually turn on the ignition FYI.