HTG tuning dct controller

DirtKurt

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
NH
The TCU is still there with the HTG stuff, I don't know that it actually differs from the dkgecu version in that sense. I'm pretty sure the external controller just fires the solenoids directly or whatever. I've been shown a photo, picture the TCU board with about 13 wires soldered across it.

Yes, i have seen the wiring needed for the htg. It was initially why I did not pursue it further. Now that they are offering the modifications in house i have reconsidered. I had communicated with dkg a few times and it really didnt seem like they had or were interested in working on anything that didnt also have a standalone engine ecu.

You may be right about the function of the dkg being the same as the htg im not entirely sure of the method they are using.
Screenshot_20200412-193148_Chrome.jpg

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
You probably know more than me about it because I've done zero research, only been shown some things by a few different people. Let us know what you decide and would love to see you document the process, it helps people make decisions for sure.

finnporter

Lurker
Jan 9, 2021
@DirtKurt Hope you're doing well, any updates here? How's the install and overall user experience? Will XHP have OTS tunes for users using HTG? Do the new iterations of HTG still need a TCU, or can the latest revisions replace the TCU?

Jern54

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2019
Netherlands
Ride
E91 N54 335i
I can get them the CAN msg structure for those type of requests if they are interesting in collaborating.
Hi Jake, HTG is interested to collaborate.

Quote" We would like to do can dump of the system and yes, msg structure desc would be lovely "Unquote