How on earth do people fit stock fan with inlets ?

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
So I have just been finishing up the 17T turbos and inlet..

I cannot seem at all to get the fan down there... it appears I have the 3 biggest problems

Automatic (massive cooler just sits there blocking it.

2” inlets which do take up quite a bit more room.

And the biggest problem, I have an E93 which means at the front there is a V brace from both fenders to the subframe...

Does anyone have any ideas ? I’ve spent around 1:30 hours trying everything and it’s not working..

Can I cut the fan ? Or even buy a slimmer one ?

I hope someone has a solution. 🤣

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
if you cant get it down you installed something incorrectly, another way is to put it half way down then get under the car and pull it away from the radiator so you dont damage it and pull down.

Best is to have one person on top and one down the bottom and work it down slowly not to damage the fins.

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
if you cant get it down you installed something incorrectly, another way is to put it half way down then get under the car and pull it away from the radiator so you dont damage it and pull down.

Best is to have one person on top and one down the bottom and work it down slowly not to damage the fins.
I removed some plastic trim which lets the intercooler sit further in, which is nice. I figured my technique is to put the intercooler in and connect pipes. Have it on the jack then slide the fan down and then bolt up

i had to use zip ties to attach to the oil lines to prevent them touching anything.
That’s actually a really nice idea. I have a ridiculous amount of Zip ties on my car...

Like Marty said...little tricky, but yeah, half way down and u have to pull from the bottom. It will snag in a place or 2.
That’s managed to do it!

Reactions: martymil