Heavy Rain, Leaky Trunk = NOT GOOD for Trunk Lock

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
If you replace your rear BMW logo, make sure the grommets have plenty of gasket around the edges. If water seeps into the edges and down onto your trunk lock switch...the trunk will short and not lock...this leads to the car continuously trying lock it throughout the entire day which leads to drained battery and a warning to service your car in the dash board.

If this happens, take apart trunk trim and place fan to dry carpet and switches...disconnect all lights in trunk and reconnect when dry. Just head's up for people in hurricane regions.

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
That sucks. The only water issue I suspect I had was with my backup camera. I think it keeps getting wet during a wash or something and it frys the camera. That or the heat.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
That sucks. The only water issue I suspect I had was with my backup camera. I think it keeps getting wet during a wash or something and it frys the camera. That or the heat.

I sealed up the grommets for the logo...but apparently I need to seal up the trunk handle plastic part too...