GTX1000 install

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
You have the right flash time options selected for b58 coils, right? And what kind if hpfp did you put in?

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride
2011 135i N55 DCT GTX1000
You have the right flash time options selected for b58 coils, right? And what kind if hpfp did you put in?
Yep got the NXM box selected. I put in a genuine BMW newest part number HPFP.
Apparently there's beginning to be known issues with custom trans tunes and even xHP issues of dragging clutches in the DCT. It seems to drive fine besides the take off. Even the difference in how smooth it idles in neutral vs getting worse when in D and not moving is very noticeable.
I finally found some dry ground yesterday to get a 4th gear log and boy does she pull. Also.. that open dump is so obnoxiously loud, I love it šŸ˜‚

So far resetting the adaptations for idle, high pressure fuel, and throttle made a big enough improvement to make it driveable. But still definitely room for improvement.

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Wow, I hadn't heard about that. So strange it's acting different since your coils & pump replacement? Hopefully with more time for adaptations to settle into new sweet spots it will keep improvingšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚.

That's great to hear it's pulling hard already! Are you still on some kind of base map, or have you started any tuning revisions yet?

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
I donā€™t have any issues with my DCT. Iā€™m on xHP.

Can you post your logs to spoolstreet?

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride
I donā€™t have any issues with my DCT. Iā€™m on xHP.

Can you post your logs to spoolstreet?
Yeah I'll have to get them off my other phone when I'm home and get them in.

They're available in datazap if you can look there.

Datazap.me/u/azshantris

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride
Wow, I hadn't heard about that. So strange it's acting different since your coils & pump replacement? Hopefully with more time for adaptations to settle into new sweet spots it will keep improvingšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚.

That's great to hear it's pulling hard already! Are you still on some kind of base map, or have you started any tuning revisions yet?
Yeah it's new to me. I'm wondering what else I can try. Olza is gonna try to help me out cause he's run into the issue on a GTS tune but I really don't wanna switch back to my stock GWS.

Within my first couple revisions. One was to bump the idle and then the second was after a decent 4th gear log. But my next step I hit a torque limit and it actually made the trans disable the even numbered gears to protect that clutch, oops

Reactions: houtan and wheela

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride
Update:
I'm a dummy

I'm confident the issue was that I
1. Didn't fill the trans correctly, and
2. Didn't have enough fluid with the kit anyways

So I ordered 3 more liters just to be safe and it took nearly 2 using the proper filling procedure via ISTA this time. And then for good measure since I'm running a GTS tune I filled it +1 liter as necessary via the poor -read: cheap- man's method (see photo). No issues taking off so far (though I'll double check with it dead cold tomorrow) and it had no issue staying in gear to get my logs.
Very much looking forward to how this goes now!
and I'll reiterate, man that open dump sounds rowdy šŸ˜¬šŸ˜†
20230131_195738.jpg

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride
Small update, the base map is dialed in at 18psi (which seemed high from my 15psi spring) but that's what it turned out at. I have logs in if anyone is interested. Going to start slowly turning it up with the G Force 3 and see what i can get on my 92oct. Depending on my target I might end up changing the spring down to make lower boost possible, however I read some stuff about the controller having much more control the closer your target is to spring pressure and going double over is generally not legit.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Nice. Iā€™m guessing they are on datazap but if you get any uploaded here please list them. Much easier to view logs on cell phones on spoolstreet.

I think what you have heard regarding spring pressure and going over double is accurate. I believe I have a 15lb spring and at around 80ish wgdc in the controller, I am around 25-26psi. If I try to add more wgdc the boost shoots up much higher than expect so if I want to go more than 26 psi, I would go up to the next stiffer spring.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
thanks. logs look good. time to turn it up!! haha.

so you have a 15lb spring but your boost is 18psi. that is really surprising. your tuner have any input as to why?

the GFB WGDC setting is at 0?

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride
thanks. logs look good. time to turn it up!! haha.

so you have a 15lb spring but your boost is 18psi. that is really surprising. your tuner have any input as to why?

the GFB WGDC setting is at 0?
It's possible I miscalculated but yeah I'm pretty sure it has a 15psi spring setup in it. It's the Precision 39mm. I'm going to double check for sure. I haven't asked him about it but he didn't express any concern.

Yep still at 0. Sooooo I'm gonna turn it up šŸ˜

Reactions: Torgus and wheela

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride

šŸ˜‹ for your listening pleasure. In cabin cell phone recording haha. When that open dump opens you can very distinctively hear the change

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride

Finally got off my lazy bum and changed down my spring to 12psi which ends up giving me a 14psi minimum option. Got the tune all dialed in healthily maxing out at 20psi on 92oct with minimal timing corrections. Duty is at 49 and I haven't set gain or sensitivity, but I'm not sure that I need to. It's also quite driveable still. Next is to call around and get on a local dyno and see what she's making šŸ˜

Still loving the blow off valve sounds and just how big-nasty the open dump wastegate is. Eventually I'll look at setting up a button to use scramble for low-boost-option traction. This thing keeps me grinning ear to ear every time I get my foot into the throttle!

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Awesome man! I can't remember, you're not
running meth are you? Just straight 92oct? Do you mind sharing what kind of timing you're running?

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride
Awesome man! I can't remember, you're not
running meth are you? Just straight 92oct? Do you mind sharing what kind of timing you're running?
Nope, no meth just the 92oct.
I'm tuned by Steven at Wedge Performance. You can look through the logs if you want:
Datazap.me/u/azshantris

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Haha. All good. I got one recently. Not totally necessary but gives you a good idea of how fast your car is and may help understand if changes to boost, tune, etc are better or worse.