GTX1000 install

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I haven't yet, but I'm going to send them what I found just so they know. I've also seen another post with the same issue except they had a clamp, but it slipped off. I've done the DIY version on my dad's N54 E90 and it isnt hard to get a clamp on there so idk what happened here. Of note, the prebuilt kits are all on backorder. Maybe they're already working on corrections?
I'm just excited to get my baby roaring again haha

Side note, anyone running a muffler they really like? I've got the stick center silencer and no muffler. Debaaaaating trying something calm it down a little. At least until boost bulids and the dump tube screams.
I run a 3.5 inch vibrant resonator with their 3.5 inch muffler, exiting into dual 2.5 inch. Sounds fantastic

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Torgi is your wastegate recirculated

Nope, screamer pipes. I did not want more exhaust gasses flowing in my exhaust then what needs to be in it. For performance reasons, if that makes sense. I know the stock exhaust flows very well but I did not see the reason to add in more exhaust gasses into it if I could avoid it.

Also, I don't mind the sound ;)

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride
2011 135i N55 DCT GTX1000
Update: she lives again!! It was in fact just the venturi line popped off that made the problem. Soooo happy to have my car back again after all that testing and troubleshooting. Time to reschedule my dyno runs šŸ˜

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride
2011 135i N55 DCT GTX1000
Hey @azshantris how has the car been running? Did you ever get it on a dyno?
Unfortunately I've been a bum and haven't gotten around to getting on the dyno (even though it's literally walking distance from where I live now haha)

Overall the car is running great though. She's not a fan of the cold and will surge at idle a bit and then die if I take off before it warms a little but, but after that it's a dream. I still haven't adjusted the gain at all so I'm sure I can get my spool up to be better but again, I've been a bum. I'd like to say soon, but probably not until spring again as it's been pretty around here.

I have also developed what i think is a valve cover leak near the back on the hot side so I'll have to look at managing that soon.

Reactions: wheela