GS7 program code disassembly project

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Sorry I’m no help mate !
@RSL did you get a chance to test spirited ?
I think I understand what some of what you all are talking about means now lol
The shifting when spirited isn’t active is focused on fuel economy and grabs higher gears. Spririted holds tbem longer.
It’s easier to activate spirited in the logic than it is to find tables of shift points and change them all...how wrong am I? Lol

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Spirited is just a status that gets set when aggressive pedal movements are detected. Just a different shiftmap nothing else. It's detailed in the DCT manual

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
In M3/GTS flash i can see mode STEPTR. This mode has its own shift maps:

View attachment 46189

It seems there is no autoupshift from 2nd gear. Maybe Track mode? :)

When you in Manual and special preparartions have to be done (if DSC without errors, if not, preparations slightly different), keeping order:
1. In Lever position "N"
2. Raise Engine Speed more than 3000 rpm
3. Switch fully DSC OFF from DSC ON.
4. Engine Speed now does not matter, leave it and switch to Manual mode
5. Run

Exit is either DSC ON or Lever switched from Manual.
So, over the weekend, i have a colleague with an ESS supercharged E92 M3, and i had flashed the M3 GTS DCT software a few months back.

I went through the activation process prep above, and the result did change the characteristics a bit, however the shifts were a bit delayed. at least 3/4 of a second the shift happened after pulling the paddle.
When we deactivated the STEPTR map by engaging DSC again, then the shifts were back to normal.

So just thought id give some real world feedback.

Asmo

Private
Aug 23, 2020
Have you figured out what causes the upshift with the dct on n54? Even with xhp it can't seem to keep banging the limiter on manual.

Olza

Corporal
Feb 2, 2020
Minsk, Belarus
Ride
BMW M240 xdrive
I am trying to make work cruise stalk rpm adjustments on regular 135 with GTS launch control routines. M3 uses OP_PUBU_CCTR_ACC (byte 3) status of CAN ARBID 0x194 (BEDIENUNG_TEMPOMAT).
So help heeded for investigation of 135/335 SZL cruise stick CAN packets bits. Can anyone dump that ARBID data interchange?

Olza

Corporal
Feb 2, 2020
Minsk, Belarus
Ride
BMW M240 xdrive
Okay.
After reflashing to 1M DSC program i lost Traction mode. So launch control also not works because needs Traction ON.

In DCT program for 135/335 also exists M3 launch control routine with wheel tolerance, slip control and so on. Without DSC Traction.
So i found out parameters to switch into M3 launch control, which has more options.
One thing is not works - RPM regulation via cruise stick. Thats why im asking for help - does 135 SZL send same packets and CAN ARBID 0x194 as M3? @RSL

OP_PUBU_CCTR_ACC (byte 3) of 0x194 used. is it true for 135/335?

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Okay.
After reflashing to 1M DSC program i lost Traction mode. So launch control also not works because needs Traction ON.

In DCT program for 135/335 also exists M3 launch control routine with wheel tolerance, slip control and so on. Without DSC Traction.
So i found out parameters to switch into M3 launch control, which has more options.
One thing is not works - RPM regulation via cruise stick. Thats why im asking for help - does 135 SZL send same packets and CAN ARBID 0x194 as M3? @RSL

OP_PUBU_CCTR_ACC (byte 3) of 0x194 used. is it true for 135/335?

I still have M SZL installed. I'll log that first to see if I can find the ID (everything else is non-M at the moment). If it's there, I'll try to swap to standard SZL tomorrow and log it.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
This should be able to be logged through MHD since it's passed to the DME as state_bn_msw. I haven't found the address in INA0S yet, but IKM0S should be d0000404.

This is M SZL with all other modules/coding non-M and CC stalk up/down. I verified there are no alternate values with LC active, they are still 10/90. Up/down should be 10h/50h per MSD81 docs though.

M_SZL_stock_modules_194.png

IIRC up/down was LC RPM on my M3, so that's what I logged, but just in case:
stalk forward (towards dash) first position = 1
stalk forward second position = 2
stalk backward (towards driver) first position = 4
stalk backward second position = 8

I'll try to get out there in a bit and swap in the stock non-M SZL.

Reactions: doublespaces

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
state_bn_msw will log a bit differently, as the CAN data is transformed slightly before being stored there. For example, up/down have the same value in the ram var on the DME end.

For the adjustable LC rpm, the rpm comes from the TCU.

Reactions: aus335iguy and RSL

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
state_bn_msw will log a bit differently, as the CAN data is transformed slightly before being stored there. For example, up/down have the same value in the ram var on the DME end.

For the adjustable LC rpm, the rpm comes from the TCU.
Excellent, thanks for that info.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Ok, so it is forward/backward, not up/down. I'll add those two IDs and log again.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
I have no idea what happened before, but there are results now. I wasn't getting anything at all from SZL on PT CAN, moved to K CAN and got the wiper switch at least, moved back to PT CAN and logged all IDs this time, where I noticed it did grab two 194s, so I streamlined back to 194 only, logged again and captured just fine this time? No idea, but 194 IS there on non-M and generates same position values as M SZL.

I'll edit my post above to avoid any confusion.

stock_szl.png

Reactions: doublespaces