GS7 program code disassembly project

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
4. The jerk just before stop is probably clutch disengaging to neutral. My 335is does it on the M3 bin and my actual M3 DCT did it. It's more noticable at some braking pressures than others. Those with creep disabled with XHP on stock bin might experience too, I never tried.

Olza's flash allows 2.56 FD, which is great. I've been on an otherwise stock M3 bin with 2.56 FD set for a month or so with just M3 shifter swap, works great.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
@derek gates which ROM are you using ? I assume INAOS ? If you’re using IKMOS or IKMOS tables that could be why some of your shifts aren’t quite right. The surging that you describe sounds familiar to what @RSL described would happen in second gear on IKMOS. Blended/lazy shifts I haven’t experienced in particular I don’t think. Bottom line try a stock INAOS tune and see if it still does it ?

@Olza I will be experimenting with this in the near future I’ll be knocking on your door soon :)

Reactions: Begood69

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
335i N54 Predator 3.2L stroker
Ok, progress is:
1. Xdf creating
2. Can rewrite calibration data with changed parameters via Winkfpt. Signature check workaround!

Used GTS flash as a base, trying to transfer parameters and logic. But there are too many small or not differences almost in all portions - torque, pressure, logic, shift control. They did a big job for tuning gts dct!

So I dropped and decided to use original GTS calibration and program. Just reviewed all data for rpm scaling (8300->7000) and other conversion things like using ordinary GWS. After some tests with good ppl i can say it is possible to run!

Just make first own version. One day drive.
1. Transition from R-D is more quick and harder.
2. Partload and WOT upshifts without Sport almost perfect imo, i can not even feel torque changes!
3. In Sport it is very fast, i can feel huge punches to transmission when upshift occurs.
4. Low load downshifts sometimes too late, lags, or have “frozen” rpms. There is some jerks just before stop and creeping off. Maybe i forgot to convert something, maybe shift maps mess. No downshift revmatching in D which i liked very much.
5. Steering wheel tips do not work in Auto mode (do not switch temporary to manual). But works in M/S. This is strange, will investigate. Maybe logic or configuration things. Also found time parameter (60 seconds) for temporary manual mode, changed to 10 seconds thinking it will be better.
6. Seems dkg logic modes like XE-E/XS-S are broken, so shift logic not completely correct because of wrong shift maps. This is because i use standard GWS with no Program button. So i have only program1 and program6 (sport) its not a big problem, i just log and retune/move shift maps. Maybe will use logic maps from x35.

Second version is ready to run...

If someone wants little tweaks like final ratio, cutoff rpms, dsc interventions, logic changes. PM me.
Hell yes man. Congrats..
I ld like a small tweek..
Final ratio to 3.078
Using the 0042 file
Rpm adjusted to 7990 max.
And im game... all then will match my tune.. 1200whp here r we come..

Also can u raise the line pressure?
Any other tweek? Also i had the sooo low rpms of the D. Can u adjust that up by 1000 rpms by gear?

Also, im interrested in that XDF if u like to share it. Thx u

Last edited:

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
335i N54 Predator 3.2L stroker
Hell yes man. Congrats..
I ld like a small tweek..
Final ratio to 3.078
Using the 0042 file
Rpm adjusted to 7990 max.
And im game... all then will match my tune.. 1200whp here r we come..

Also can u raise the line pressure?
Any other tweek? Also i had the sooo low rpms of the D. Can u adjust that up by 1000 rpms by gear?

Also, im interrested in that XDF if u like to share it. Thx u
7848442 zubn file. That what meant.

I also have a friend that runs 3.55 ratio. He def need this tweeked. Help

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Ive funnily enough only just found this thread, very very very interesting topinc, and the amount of information already discovered is mind blowing.

Out of interest, how would you load the flashed files, id assume you would need the XHP app?
I would love to assist where i can if possible, but the coding and the data acquisition is vastly out of my knowledge scope. will be watching this thread very closely.

4. The jerk just before stop is probably clutch disengaging to neutral. My 335is does it on the M3 bin and my actual M3 DCT did it. It's more noticable at some braking pressures than others. Those with creep disabled with XHP on stock bin might experience too, I never tried.

Olza's flash allows 2.56 FD, which is great. I've been on an otherwise stock M3 bin with 2.56 FD set for a month or so with just M3 shifter swap, works great.
@RSL you using Olzas flash as a test subject with just your 2.56 FD and M3 GWS? im actually really intrigued by this, if this gets cracked then i believe our platform will be fundamentally open. its a brilliant prgression here, well done to everyone involved.

Olza

Corporal
Feb 2, 2020
Minsk, Belarus
Ride
BMW M240 xdrive
Out of interest, how would you load the flashed files, id assume you would need the XHP app?
I would love to assist where i can if possible, but the coding and the data acquisition is vastly out of my knowledge scope. will be watching this thread very closely.
No, you get 0da file like stock data for your program, and reflash it in a usual way via winkfp tool. So you need only working bmw tools package - inpa, ediabas, insta-p like that and dkan cable

Reactions: doublespaces

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Ah great thats great information, ill have to brush up onn these skills as havent used them for some time.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Ive funnily enough only just found this thread, very very very interesting topinc, and the amount of information already discovered is mind blowing.

@RSL you using Olzas flash as a test subject with just your 2.56 FD and M3 GWS? im actually really intrigued by this, if this gets cracked then i believe our platform will be fundamentally open. its a brilliant prgression here, well done to everyone involved.
Yes, but you can run M3 bin on stock GWS too with some changes to the bin.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Wanted to show interest as well.

There are behaviors in the M3 GTS setup that I'd love to tweak. If we could eventually figure out all of the variables, here are some things I'd love to smooth over:

- the 'rush' to 7th gear without wanting to stay in any other gears... and being very 'sticky' to 7th...
- staying in 7th, even at ~35mph and forcing torque of engine to try to propel car instead of.... using.... gears...
- downshifting too many gears and taking ages to shift when accelerator pushed just a little bit more (out of that 7th gear 'grand canyon')
- traction 'slip' tolerance when shifting 3>4 (is this DME or TCU?), as my car intervenes on that shift more often than not
- any other traction 'reductions' that can be made

I haven't tried Launch Control yet cause the car is extremely difficult to start from a stop (3.15 gearing and throttle sensitivity has me launching to the moon every time).

Great work. I commend everyone for this project. Going to have a ton of requests though! :D

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Agreed.
So this .0da file.
What would be the charge going forward? Or would there be a thread for Dct software information on how to update and configure? Love where things are heading.

Reactions: Begood69

Olza

Corporal
Feb 2, 2020
Minsk, Belarus
Ride
BMW M240 xdrive
In M3/GTS flash i can see mode STEPTR. This mode has its own shift maps:

1605387009617.png

It seems there is no autoupshift from 2nd gear. Maybe Track mode? :)

When you in Manual and special preparartions have to be done (if DSC without errors, if not, preparations slightly different), keeping order:
1. In Lever position "N"
2. Raise Engine Speed more than 3000 rpm
3. Switch fully DSC OFF from DSC ON.
4. Engine Speed now does not matter, leave it and switch to Manual mode
5. Run

Exit is either DSC ON or Lever switched from Manual.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
It’s a “cheat code” for when you want full manual no upshift if I’m not mistaken
@Olza
Is this the stock function or something you’ve added ?