Growl under WOT

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
So I've only noticed after the pures went on.. under WOT hard pull like 20ish PSI I get what sounds like an drivetrain growl. I remember being fbo with meth my driveshaft would make that noise before my diff lock down.

Now pure stage 2s, meth, e50 and I'm getting a similar noise. I can't even say it's bad just odd. Its a 6 spd car as well with m3 trans mounts and 034 motor mounts.

Curious if anyone else has noticed the same.. best way to describe is it sound like an angry gear meshed against another angry gear.. but the whole damn pull feel so violent that it seems normal lol

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Check your guido/guibo/whatever. On Pure S2 and e50 you're putting out some power...might have worn that guido/guibo/whatever out.

I'm putting a 335is one in when I do my spec 3+ and smfw

Also have a new support bearing and all the trans seals as well as rear main seal.

I just didn't know if it was a common noise bigger turbo guys are use to and know being I'm kinda late to the party.. meh under 800whp is kinda like the crazy normal now lol

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Swap/top off diff oil. Easy thing to try as a resolution with drivetrain noise. Was experiencing some less than smooth drivetrain rumbles and it did the trick for me