Got My Precision Raceworks Coils

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
Coils came in today.Kit looks niCe!ordered Friday,came today.Fast Delivery.Looks well packaged,Like the Pr logo on the coil packs.
20171127_212123.jpg
20171127_211825.jpg

chadillac2000

Corporal
Oct 26, 2017
NC
Ride
2008 BMW 135i
Nice pickup. I have mine sitting in spare bedroom waiting until I have some spare time to throw them on. Let us know how the install goes!

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
installing the PR Coils and am having issues.1st it was missing 1 shrink tube lol but i had some at home,its not as thick as the one supplied so hope it doesn't matter.Main issue is the coils dont reach to the plugs.I have them all the way in well and can feel then just touching.took measurements.
from top to bottom of coil is 131mm
from bottom of coil to spark plug bottom inside is 21mm(this is measuring the inside of coil plug)
it doesnt pop on ,i just feel it sliding over it,any one have this issue?I need to have car running for tomorrow.Its my only transportation

BMP-PrecisionRaceworks

Private
Platinum Vendor
Jun 19, 2017
Texas
www.bm-parts.com
installing the PR Coils and am having issues.1st it was missing 1 shrink tube lol but i had some at home,its not as thick as the one supplied so hope it doesn't matter.Main issue is the coils dont reach to the plugs.I have them all the way in well and can feel then just touching.took measurements.
from top to bottom of coil is 131mm
from bottom of coil to spark plug bottom inside is 21mm(this is measuring the inside of coil plug)
it doesnt pop on ,i just feel it sliding over it,any one have this issue?I need to have car running for tomorrow.Its my only transportation

They fit, they dimple down a bit in the middle when installed though. Press down harder (may have to flip up the “lip”)

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
They fit, they dimple down a bit in the middle when installed though. Press down harder (may have to flip up the “lip”)
I did,I had the lip up and was inside,i checked all plugs and all do the same.i checked out budget bimmers youtube video and theres popright on.thats why i measured the coil plugs in case but will try tomorrow,its late and gotta work tomorrow.Guess ill get a ride for work and hope to sort it out.

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
just checked the youtube video again and when i try to install on mine im pushing down the spark plug wire in the well all the way.ill try to snap a picture in the morning and will post it.

E92 420

Corporal
Jul 8, 2017
United Kingdom
Ride
BMW e92 335i
I had this problem also. I had to use the end of a ratchet handle and push hard on top of the coil to pop them down even further, it was just not possible using my hands

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
I had this problem also. I had to use the end of a ratchet handle and push hard on top of the coil to pop them down even further, it was just not possible using my hands
Before going to work I tried what you did and it worked.I used a extension instead but same purpose.wonder that constant tension on spark plug wire can it popoff.mine is now sitting in the well of hole with the flap slightly inverted in the hole.but when I get home will finish up and post some pics.