First time tuning LTFTs at 0

tej98

Lurker
Dec 20, 2021
Hi! With some great advice from multiple threads and V8Bait's spreadsheet I was able to cobble together an IKM0S tune for my car that actually works (a bit dull compared to MHD OTS but gotta start somewhere).

An issue I'm having though is that just after this flash my car is flat lining LTFTs constantly. On startup, cruise, WOT, and anything else the LTFTs are always flat lined. Under cruising the stfts get quite high I believe because of this. Under WOT this look okay stfts wise, but the LTFTs are always 0. I don't believe I've done anything out of the ordinary, but I'd love some insight if anyone has any experience or pointers! I've attached the bin below.

Thanks in advance, I'd really appreciate any insight! This is with MHDs IKM0S map switch base bin and xdf.

Attachments

• IKM0S_rev1.bin
    2 MB · Views: 5

tej98

Lurker
Dec 20, 2021
So I did a bit of digging and comparing the IKM0S map switch base bin that I used as a base here from MHD's github repo to an original IKM0S bin floating around that ran well on my car before. I noticed that the Cold Start Duration table under ignition was significantly different than the original 1M tune. I had been using the "Cold Start Noise Reduction" checkbox during tuning, so I wonder if this table being modified differently from stock was throwing things off in regards to trims? I've set this table to the stock value now and will re-test soon.

It was my understanding that this table would be overwritten during flash time, but maybe not? It's just about the only difference I can find between the map switch base bin on MHD's GitHub repo vs the original 1M bin that worked well. Would still love any thoughts/input, but will update on how this changed tune goes.

Map switch base bin IKM0S:
1705730818225.png

Original IKM0S, which also matches the IJE0S stock table:
1705731168864.png

tej98

Lurker
Dec 20, 2021
Well that didn't seem to work. Going to flash the original 1M IKM0S bin next and compare the difference. It seems something is up with the IKM0S map switch base bin on MHD's GitHub.

TiAgAu

Corporal
Nov 18, 2018
Australia
Ride
08 335i
Well that didn't seem to work. Going to flash the original 1M IKM0S bin next and compare the difference. It seems something is up with the IKM0S map switch base bin on MHD's GitHub.
In MHD you normally run stage 1 or 2? mods?

Looks like EU version ikm0s? Which is fine.

Not sure why your LTFT aren't working. Are both stft fairly close?
Just an idea maybe mhd thinks your using legacy version for some reason. Load up the legacy xdf and fix the other 2 fueling tables. Fuel bank 1 and Scalar bank 2 to match your others. I usually do this but it's probably just my ocd :laughing:

tej98

Lurker
Dec 20, 2021
In MHD you normally run stage 1 or 2? mods?

Looks like EU version ikm0s? Which is fine.

Not sure why your LTFT aren't working. Are both stft fairly close?
Just an idea maybe mhd thinks your using legacy version for some reason. Load up the legacy xdf and fix the other 2 fueling tables. Fuel bank 1 and Scalar bank 2 to match your others. I usually do this but it's probably just my ocd :laughing:
Thanks! I normally run MHD OTS stage 2/2+ with supporting hardware.

Stfts are usually within 10 points. I think you may be onto something with MHD using the legacy XDF on the map switch base bin. I used the original IKM0S bin and LTFTs work as they should. Is there some setting I need to toggle to force the app to use the map switch base XDF rather than the legacy definition? Ideally I'd like to continue this using the latest XDFs. Thanks!

TiAgAu

Corporal
Nov 18, 2018
Australia
Ride
08 335i
Thanks! I normally run MHD OTS stage 2/2+ with supporting hardware.

Stfts are usually within 10 points. I think you may be onto something with MHD using the legacy XDF on the map switch base bin. I used the original IKM0S bin and LTFTs work as they should. Is there some setting I need to toggle to force the app to use the map switch base XDF rather than the legacy definition? Ideally I'd like to continue this using the latest XDFs. Thanks!
10% between is a bit much imo.

See below to turn map switch on and slots etc. Make sure your all setup though in those map slot tables

Do get any errors running ik? When i used it had to turn off some things

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-01-21 12-33-17.png
    Screenshot from 2024-01-21 12-33-17.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

tej98

Lurker
Dec 20, 2021
10% between is a bit much imo.

See below to turn map switch on and slots etc. Make sure your all setup though in those map slot tables
Thanks! I didn't realize the map switch toggle needed to be set to use the new XDF set!

And yeah, I think I may have an index 12 in bank 1 not flowing as well as the others making the trims there roughly 7-10% higher than bank 2. It doesn't leak but trims are consistently higher on that bank so I'll have to investigate which injector isn't flowing. Luckily I've accumulated quite a few spares to try out.

I'll try to set that toggle on the map switch base bin and see how it goes, thanks!

TiAgAu

Corporal
Nov 18, 2018
Australia
Ride
08 335i
Thanks! I didn't realize the map switch toggle needed to be set to use the new XDF set!

And yeah, I think I may have an index 12 in bank 1 not flowing as well as the others making the trims there roughly 7-10% higher than bank 2. It doesn't leak but trims are consistently higher on that bank so I'll have to investigate which injector isn't flowing. Luckily I've accumulated quite a few spares to try out.

I'll try to set that toggle on the map switch base bin and see how it goes, thanks!
Well you shouldn't need to toggle on map switching. Doubt it'll fix the LT trim issue. Unless something weird is happening with ik version map

tej98

Lurker
Dec 20, 2021
Well you shouldn't need to toggle on map switching. Doubt it'll fix the LT trim issue. Unless something weird is happening with ik version map
Thanks, I'll send an email off to MHD to see if they have seen any issues like this. I'll keep the thread updated though!

tej98

Lurker
Dec 20, 2021
So no response from MHD yet. But I think I'm missing something. I started having cold start misfires which I'm pretty sure are related to LTFTs not setting. I figured this out by flashing back to IJE0S MHD OTS stage 2 and noticed smooth cold starts and LTFTs setting almost immediately to what seem like reasonable values.

It's quite possible I'm missing something and would love any input if anyone would like to take a look at the bin. I've started with the IKM0S map switch base bin and the corresponding XDF.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IKM0S_rev8.bin
    2 MB · Views: 1

tej98

Lurker
Dec 20, 2021
With the help of @TiAgAu we were able to determine that I was running a much older revision IKM0S with many undefined parameters. Starting from a known good latest revision of IKM0S was the final fix here.

Once again, a big thank you to @TiAgAu for digging into this with me, I really appreciate it!

Reactions: TiAgAu