Fastest N54 XI? Post it up!

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
So,

We all have seen insanely fast and glorious builds done on the rwd setup, but not as much so for the awd branch of this platform.

I am interested to see how far we have been able to get get these up to and what it took to get there.

So, This is a shoutout to the entire community to show what they think IS the fastest, or IS STILL INSANELY Fast.

• Funny
Reactions: Jeffman

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
I think @Dave @ Fuel-It! had the highest power xi I've heard of. Idk what 1/4 times were tho.

Edit: I went 12.6 @111mph with just the mhd stage 1+ tune, DCI, CP+BOV upgrades. So I could imagine 600hp would pull a low 11. I'll look up drag times and link it[/USER]

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Not sure what power they were making but we are somewhere in the mid to high 600s before an injector failed. Havent gotten to the dyno yet, but with no traction issues and etc. Pure Turbo 6266 doc race kit Tune by me, MHD/JB4 stack for PI control.

Vdyno (Pre injector failure)....

v1.4%2024psi%20vs%2028psi_zpsq9ddpkis.jpg

Video....(embedding not working, link below the embed box) this was on 23psi

View: https://www.facebook.com/twistedtuned/videos/1788785624694201/

I think i have some more videos on my Facebook, need to go look.

EDIT: re-uploaded to my Youtube channel for embedding.....

Last edited:

Boosting4me

Lurker
Feb 4, 2017
Not sure what power they were making but we are somewhere in the mid to high 600s before an injector failed. Havent gotten to the dyno yet, but with no traction issues and etc. Pure Turbo 6266 doc race kit Tune by me, MHD/JB4 stack for PI control.

Vdyno (Pre injector failure)....

View attachment 2496

Video....(embedding not working, link below the embed box) this was on 23psi

View: https://www.facebook.com/twistedtuned/videos/1788785624694201/

I think i have some more videos on my Facebook, need to go look.

EDIT: re-uploaded to my Youtube channel for embedding.....

Nice.. Manual? Figured that setup would make 600 on 23 psi

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Nice! That was my biggest concern building up an XI

What other difficulties have you had with the xi?

No issues as of yet. The XI makes the installs of turbo kits a little more intrusive but thats already known. Some not particular to The specific car i posted, but a general XI issue that i saw on my own car some time ago, is......

THE CRAPTASTIC T-case Mount. Its sooooooo soft. and its the only thing holding the rear of the drivetrain. So thus there is a lot of slop in the XI drivetrain in stock form. Let alone at high torque output. So im making a new stiffer mount and possibly a brace. Hopefully have it available for people by the summer.

Reactions: DaZuc

jdm5596

Private
Nov 5, 2016
Texas
Yea ive done alot of launched, never had problems with axels or tcase... so far. We will see what happens after xhp ;)

Travis

Lurker
Mar 10, 2017
Empire state
Ride
2008 335xi sedan
No issues as of yet. The XI makes the installs of turbo kits a little more intrusive but thats already known. Some not particular to The specific car i posted, but a general XI issue that i saw on my own car some time ago, is......

THE CRAPTASTIC T-case Mount. Its sooooooo soft. and its the only thing holding the rear of the drivetrain. So thus there is a lot of slop in the XI drivetrain in stock form. Let alone at high torque output. So im making a new stiffer mount and possibly a brace. Hopefully have it available for people by the summer.[/QUOTE
I'm interested to see how this turns out