Ad: F3x chargepipe - More parts in development

DOC_Race

Lurker
Mar 14, 2017
Ride
335i
We are doing everything we can to get some power to our top mount turbo F30. Making the turbo kit was the easy part I guess, that's what the shop is setup to do. Now eveything around it starts to become the bottleneck or in this case shatter into pieces when boost gets cranked up. I was only at 18psi when the stock plastic charge pipe decided to go, after taking it out I am surpised it holds stock boost. I only found one company that made a high quality replacement part and was a little shocked to see the pricetag. I figured what the hell it can't be that hard to make one pipe:D and maybe offer it to others.

I had some spare N54 charge pipe parts laying around so I went to work. Got the upper pipe almost done, just need to add meth bung, map sensor flange and a small fitting. You will be able to use your stock o-ring and retainer clip. I am not the best welder in the shop so expect way cleaner parts when it goes to production.

Question for you guys. What color is everyone into? I like the brushed look personally but there is also an option to powder coat them black or full out polished.
File Apr 11, 7 47 34 PM.jpeg
File Apr 11, 7 48 01 PM.jpeg
File Apr 11, 7 48 43 PM.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike @ XPH

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Nov 18, 2016
Las Vegas
VRSF offers powder coated black
ER offers anodized black , polished and brushed

Anodized black is the best finish but it is more expensive

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Well I am an anodized black person simply for the durability over powder. My intake manifold is anodized black and I intend to do my chargepipe the same. The other spectrum you have are the bling folks, I say if you covered those two, then you'd be alright. I'd say, anodized and polished from a purchasing stand point. From a business standpoint, probably powder coated black and polished which is a combination not offered by your competitors.