Extended/long reach meth nozzles

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
So I decided to stay meth and E50 vs e50 and PI.
That leaves me lsx injector bungs in my manifold.. I got searching and found that aquamist offers two extended nozzles. One in particular is for secondary injection bungs on the tfsi vag engines.

Here's the problem, I have had a month long conversation going with Richard from aquamist and he never answers my questions and only replies about once a week.. customer service has been less than stellar :/

Does anyone know of any other companies that offer an extended reach meth nozzle?

Or can you answer questions about the meth nozzles aquamist has to offer?

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
What about the meth nozzles Shawn@ Fabfactory used on that manifold? I believe they are aquamist long nozzles. 826-502c

I think they are threaded in.. which I could make work but if an o ring nozzle will find the diameter than I would like to make them work for sure. Just can't get a steady conversation going with aquamist :/

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Why not just plug the PI bungs in your IM and then drill and tap the correct bungs for AM? Or am I missing something?

Would the off the shelf extended no be long enough? Those VW ones look way too long...
1280t__19981.1438801653.1280.1280.jpg

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Why not just plug the PI bungs in your IM and then drill and tap the correct bungs for AM? Or am I missing something?

Would the off the shelf extended no be long enough? Those VW ones look way too long...
1280t__19981.1438801653.1280.1280.jpg

No those are the standard extended. They also have and IE and OE nozzle

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
This is the nozzle I want to use..

I understand your thought of just modifying the manifold.. but if there is a product for what I want I want that product.. just can communicate well with the producer lol

Attachments

• JET.jpg
    JET.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 323

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
You could also use fuel injectors that are methanol compatible and an AIC to control them.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
You could also use fuel injectors that are methanol compatible and an AIC to control them.
I totally considered that! I have meth compatible injectors as well.. I just don't want to use the AIC.. I'd like to keep it simple a simple can be and get the atomization of a meth nozzle.

The more I learned about the AIC the less pleased I was with it and the better off I felt I would be staying with a simpler meth system

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
I totally considered that! I have meth compatible injectors as well.. I just don't want to use the AIC.. I'd like to keep it simple a simple can be and get the atomization of a meth nozzle.

The more I learned about the AIC the less pleased I was with it and the better off I felt I would be staying with a simpler meth system

Just going to point out that the most common failure in a meth injection system that is direct port is clogging those tiny meth nozzles you need to use when you are direct port. Not as big of a concern when you are using one big nozzle, but once you go down to those tiny buggers a piece of dust/lint will clog them up quick.

Wouldn't be a problem with injectors....

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
One advantage of tapping the manifold for the AM bungs is that if you ever sell it you have a much larger audience. I do understand as it adds cost and complexity. Especially as there are solutions out there for what you already have.

Dyzak with proper inline filters I would not think this would be an issue...like I've got my 100um tank filter and then 100um inline filter. If someone was worried AM makes filters down to 30um. If/when I go port I will install the 30um as recommended for multiport injection. But I guess anything is possible. My guess would be most people don't use the correct filters. Or you know, check them periodically.

Last edited:

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Just going to point out that the most common failure in a meth injection system that is direct port is clogging those tiny meth nozzles you need to use when you are direct port. Not as big of a concern when you are using one big nozzle, but once you go down to those tiny buggers a piece of dust/lint will clog them up quick.

Wouldn't be a problem with injectors....

injectors clog as well. in fact quite a bit of fuel injectors orifices are smaller than mid size meth nozzles and similar size to the smaller.

Tuppidsay

Corporal
Aug 3, 2017
Seattle, WA
Ride
2008 535i
That's the OE nozzle by aquamist correct?
1. If it is how did you get them
2. If it isn't how do I get them
3. Are they the same dimensions as a bosch injector

Did you every get anywhere with this? I also had the same idea for using a port manifold and Aquamist mk7 jets....

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Did you every get anywhere with this? I also had the same idea for using a port manifold and Aquamist mk7 jets....
Yes I did and should be ordering in the spring. I live in a frozen tundra currently lol.

Richard is reallyr really to hard to communicate with. You message him once and it takes a week to get back a vauge answer that wasn't too helpful. I kinda think he's a one man band over his head. But he also is the only guy with what I need (no homo lol)

I'll update more in my build thread when I start putting it all together

Reactions: doublespaces