N54 Exhaust Burble XDF Tables

BloodyZ4

Private
Mar 17, 2021
Germany
Ride
Z4 35i DCT
I'm trying to get burbles while stationary in neutral but only when sport mode is engaged. You think this table have any effect on a DCT car?
You might ask why I want that, well it's because of the german cops, I wouldn't pass the noise control test with burbles on...

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I don't know how neutral is treated with a DCT, it's easy enough to test.

The Z4 has the burbles naturally, it doesn't make ricer noises unless you mess with the timing table so should pass noise limits.

BloodyZ4

Private
Mar 17, 2021
Germany
Ride
Z4 35i DCT
I'm gonna test that table for sure!
Yeah normally it wouldn't be a problem, but my exhaust is slightly modified (flap side straight piped) ;)
I've even detuned the trailing throttle table a bit to make the burbles quiter.

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Hi Guys, does anyone here have the XDF for the Fuel Cut/Burbles for 1M IKM0S?
I have the INA0S Burble tables, but i want to reference against the iKM0S tables, as ive sort of made a great Hybrid bin fil with all the best features of IKM0S and the best features of INA0S Z4 35is.
The file drives amazing, but i want that burble on overrun that is so natural on the Z4's, its not overly loud or obnoxious, its perfect.

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
I have the INA0S Burble tables, but i want to reference against the iKM0S tables, as ive sort of made a great Hybrid bin fil with all the best features of IKM0S and the best features of INA0S Z4 35is.
The file drives amazing, but i want that burble on overrun that is so natural on the Z4's, its not overly loud or obnoxious, its perfect.
Hmm interesting. What tables did you copy over from each? When I started tweaking my own custom bin I had both those bins open and took some notes and such. Good way to learn. Also had the Alpina B3 bin open too :)

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
BTW I believe RFP Tuning website has the XDF you are looking for.

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
thank you,

THey dont have the fuel cut with the burble settings like the INA0S has, seems he has just taken whats public and saved it in his repository again:
1629795979149.png

I have all these XDF plus some extra already, and none have what im looking for :)

I will keep looking, thanks for the help.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
From the looks of it he just downloads the XDFs that I post here and uploads them to his own site. There's no mention of fuel cut tables in his IKM0S XDF.

@General.Massacre
If you are working on IKM0S then finding the addresses should be a little easier, the latest DAMOS is from a 1M so if you can search for the table names from the INA0S XDF and find them in WinOLS.

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
From the looks of it he just downloads the XDFs that I post here and uploads them to his own site. There's no mention of fuel cut tables in his IKM0S XDF.

@General.Massacre
If you are working on IKM0S then finding the addresses should be a little easier, the latest DAMOS is from a 1M so if you can search for the table names from the INA0S XDF and find them in WinOLS.
Thanks @carabuser havent touched WinOLS in years, and even then it was me just messing around, so i wouldnt know what to do at this point im afraid.
Still need to learn how to traverse the address finding. very interested to learn that, anyone willing to teach? i know that people guard the DAMOS files very closely in the WinOLS community and very rarely share it, as its paid for items.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
The easiest way of finding tables between different ROM versions is to look for byte patterns in the BIN.

I can give you the table starting addresses for any tables you are after if you give me the table ID (eg for Fuel Cut Duration Normal the ID is "ip_t_min_pu_n_tco")

It takes a load of time to port XDF tables between ROM revisions but I have IKM0S and INA0S fairly well decompiled so can give you the starting addresses quite easily for each and you can work the axis out by using the relative offsets from the table start address.

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
The easiest way of finding tables between different ROM versions is to look for byte patterns in the BIN.

I can give you the table starting addresses for any tables you are after if you give me the table ID (eg for Fuel Cut Duration Normal the ID is "ip_t_min_pu_n_tco")

It takes a load of time to port XDF tables between ROM revisions but I have IKM0S and INA0S fairly well decompiled so can give you the starting addresses quite easily for each and you can work the axis out by using the relative offsets from the table start address.
Regarding table IDs, I got my hands on the MSD80 General Specs manual a while ago and have been using it to better understand different tables as I change things around in my tune. However certain tables in the XDF (such as most boost control tables) aren't anywhere to be found in the manual. Am I missing pages/a separate manual?

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Regarding table IDs, I got my hands on the MSD80 General Specs manual a while ago and have been using it to better understand different tables as I change things around in my tune. However certain tables in the XDF (such as most boost control tables) aren't anywhere to be found in the manual. Am I missing pages/a separate manual?
There's two manuals. One is from Continental and the other is BMW.

Continental supply the base code for the MSD80/81 which deals with all the essential operations and BMW have their own routines added on top to manage "customer specific" functions like VANOS, torque management and boost control.

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Th

Thank you Sir, i will get into my Tunerpro and get the INA0S Table IDs so i can try do the porting. (If thagts what you asking for?)

Also, i managed to get a hold of .a2l files and Damos info from a Repository on Nefarious Motorsport website.
Now i just need to download and get a version of WinOLS to use it with then i can learn this also.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I think you need to use the paid version of WinOLS to import A2L.

If you use the attached file then the free version of WinOLS will let you browse the tables.

Attachments

• IKC0S-1M-OEMstg1.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 69

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
I think you need to use the paid version of WinOLS to import A2L.

If you use the attached file then the free version of WinOLS will let you browse the tables.
Thank you Sir, i will check this out this evening when i get home. exciting stuff.

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
There's two manuals. One is from Continental and the other is BMW.

Continental supply the base code for the MSD80/81 which deals with all the essential operations and BMW have their own routines added on top to manage "customer specific" functions like VANOS, torque management and boost control.
Would you happen to know where to grab a copy? Can't even find the BMW one for sale, only the Conti one shows up which I already have.

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Thank you! Much appreciated. Time to brush up on my German (or use translator) 🙏
Since it was posted just now ive been trying to Translate the PDF as is,
i can sort of do it, but it throws out the layout quite a bit, not the greatest, and the online conversion/translation tools are not the greatest. lol

corbanistan

Corporal
Jul 26, 2021
Florida, USA
Ride
E93 335i 6MT
Since it was posted just now ive been trying to Translate the PDF as is,
i can sort of do it, but it throws out the layout quite a bit, not the greatest, and the online conversion/translation tools are not the greatest. lol
Tried to do it with Google Docs, came out absolutely terrible. Downloading Adobe Acrobat and we'll see how that goes.