N54 Exhaust Burble XDF Tables

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I'll post the extra tables up later. I forgot about it after promising it last time!

That should solve the issue you are having with the minimum ignition.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I've added the main tables for burble into this XDF for the 3 main ROMs. The table that you need to reduce is the limiter. Set that to -8 to match the kind of burbles you get on a Z4, go lower for more noise. It's a 2D table in the old ROMs and a 3D table referencing vehicle speed in INA0S so you can adjust the burble timing based on speed on newer cars.

There's a shed load more tables relating to fuel cut but I think these are all that people need.

Attachments

• Burble Tables.xdf
    23.7 KB · Views: 42

Winny_N54

Lurker
Jul 4, 2023
Thanks @carabuser. It works fine but from 3500rpm for me.

In my previous post, I set burble timing from 2400rpm up to 5600 but this burble's timing Rpm's table is still not respected.

😩
my burble.JPG

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
That table is not a timing target, it's a limiter. You don't target timing in the DME, you target a torque value and the DME calculates what timing angle is needed. The confusion comes because people mostly focus on WOT tuning where the torque targets exceed the actual and you rest against the maximum ignition angle.

The XDF I posted contains another limiter table that you probably need to decrease. That table varies depending on your starting ROM, the more comfort orientated ROMs from the 335i and 135i probably have it set to 0.

Winny_N54

Lurker
Jul 4, 2023
That table is not a timing target, it's a limiter. You don't target timing in the DME, you target a torque value and the DME calculates what timing angle is needed. The confusion comes because people mostly focus on WOT tuning where the torque targets exceed the actual and you rest against the maximum ignition angle.

The XDF I posted contains another limiter table that you probably need to decrease. That table varies depending on your starting ROM, the more comfort orientated ROMs from the 335i and 135i probably have it set to 0.
Yes, i used your another table in 2D (IJE0S for me) . I set -12° angle at 60°C and 90°C Temp and it working since 3500rpm only .
But I will want -12° since 2400 to -8° at 5500 rpms.
I dont see the possibility with rpm parameters in your XDF.

Can you help me pls ? 😔

Zetra

Lurker
Aug 31, 2020
Yes, i used your another table in 2D (IJE0S for me) . I set -12° angle at 60°C and 90°C Temp and it working since 3500rpm only .
But I will want -12° since 2400 to -8° at 5500 rpms.
I dont see the possibility with rpm parameters in your XDF.

Can you help me pls ? 😔
I dont know what are you looking for exactly
If you explain what you want i will help you with your burble tune

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Show some logs of your issue showing lambda and timing. Need to understand if the fuel cut is happening too fast or if there are other issues.

There's a lot of other tables that I play with in my custom tunes relating to ramping of torque in the transition phase between normal operation and PU.

Winny_N54

Lurker
Jul 4, 2023
Show some logs of your issue showing lambda and timing. Need to understand if the fuel cut is happening too fast or if there are other issues.

There's a lot of other tables that I play with in my custom tunes relating to ramping of torque in the transition phase between normal operation and PU.
I couldn't make logs right away. overall, when I was watching my timing, it was around -6 -9° for burble when I released the throttle at less than 3500 or i want -12° since 2400rpm .

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
You can't just target whatever timing you want by changing the minimum ignition angle. If the DME doesn't need -12* to achieve torque target then it won't get that low.

The way to get timing that low would be to either disable the DME torque ignition management using the "Disable Tq Reduction by Ign" toggle and then just put the requested timing value in the low load columns of the main table which is the old burble method MHD used, or to reduce the minimum torque target that the DME will apply, but I'm not going to go through the process of defining those tables for other ROMs and explaining how to use them just for the purpose of ricer noises.

Zetra

Lurker
Aug 31, 2020
I couldn't make logs right away. overall, when I was watching my timing, it was around -6 -9° for burble when I released the throttle at less than 3500 or i want -12° since 2400rpm .
Make sure
Disable tq reduction by ign
Is set to 00 or the mhd burble custom settings wont work

-12 degrees arr prety much like soft or medium burble in the standard settings by the way, not to loud

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
On some cars / roms, you also need to lower KF_ZWOPT_VT a bit in the low load / rpm areas to allow timing to drop low enough. For some reason, the torque calcs are different on some roms which naturally has it require lower timing, some don't.

It will be added to the public XDFs next update

xargentum

Feb 10, 2023
Ride
BMW E93 335i
Hello guys,
Does anybody knows which table to edit ( time in ms between burbles, to have bigger flames ). What I mean is, now then letting of gas, burble is: "babababa", and for flames we all want: "baaa baaa baaa", you got my idea yeah? 😁

Im using I8A0S.

Last edited: