E92 N54 cylinder 6 misfire

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Glad to help. Your first used BMW N54 will take some patience to get your head around it but it is worth it. Great car once you get it sorted from previous neglect then learn that things that worked well under stock conditions start to show their problems when you turn up the power.

You haven't already figured it out, assume everything is going to leak (oil seals) and the coolant system will be ready to crack your over-flow tank and the plastic fitting in the block that feeds your line to the water pump (near the oil filter housing).

I'm going to see if I have what I need to replace the oring on the injector and install a protective cap to keep it compressed for you. Then all you will need is to stick it in quickly.

Send me your mailing info and I'll get sent out.

Cheers
Jim

Last edited:
Reactions: NoGuru

Eurofam

Private
Oct 4, 2020
Glad to help. Your first used BMW N54 will take some patience to get your head around it but it is worth it. Great car once you get it sorted from previous neglect then learn that things that worked well under stock conditions start to show their problems when you turn up the power.

You haven't already figured it out, assume everything is going to leak (oil seals) and the coolant system will be ready to crack your over-flow tank and the plastic fitting in the block that feeds your line to the water pump (near the oil filter housing).

I'm going to see if I have what I need to replace the oring on the injector and install a protective cap to keep it compressed for you. Then all you will need is to stick it in quickly.

Send me your mailing info and I'll get sent out.

Cheers
Jim
I have pm’d you everything! Thank you for the patience and helping me learn a thing or 2 about these cars, you guys rock

Last edited:
Reactions: Illsic_Design